Primary Location: France-Bordeaux-Bordeaux
Requisition ID: 201252
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Position’s Objective & Summary:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing best in class financial and analytical support to the regional Leadership Team. This individual drives initiatives in support of the execution of the FP&A activities across the Western Europe region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with regional leaders (Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, etc…)
- Manage the development and coordination of detailed departmental budgets and monthly reviews and forecasts using Hyperion Planning, Tableau and Excel.
Ensure spending remains within budget: review and approve purchase requests; identify risks & opportunities; agree on trade-offs to respect budget commitments;
Manage revenue and costs forecasting and budgeting process;
Support the Leadership Team with long range modelling and strategic pricing initiatives;
Identify and develop scaled planning tools and dashboards for the regional organization;
Help develop frameworks that facilitates budget discussions and deepens the understanding of business trends;
Help simplify and streamline recurring FP&A processes, while maximizing effectiveness;
Prepare ad-hoc financial report or analysis;
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 2-4 years of Financial Planning & Analysis work experience;
- Quick learner and ability to drive successful results with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and complex team environment;
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in MS Excel as well as experience in building financial models involving complex formulas and large data sets;
- Ability to discern consistently strategic insights from data analysis;
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple projects concurrently. Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to interact with senior leadership.
- This role requires extensive travel to Switzerland and US during the initial training phase (~3 months) then approx. 10% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field;
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related discipline. Experience within the medical / pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Google Analytics is a plus.
- Proficiency with ERP tools such as Hyperion is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French, including the ability to interact with senior leadership.