Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 201246
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute broadly to the New Product Development team, responsible for machine learning, advanced analytics, and new technology development focused on surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic surgery platforms.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new research and development directions. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
As part of the New Product Development team, immediate responsibilities include:
- Develop, deploy, and manage a distributed pipeline to manage surgical video data streams using tools like Airflow, kubernetes, ECR, etc.
- Create advanced features and improved control over existing data capture and data processing pipelines
- Prototype and configure GPU-based high-performance computing infrastructure for digital and machine learning applications
- Become familiar with and use existing robotic system APIs for streaming events, video, kinematics, and other data streams
- Contribute to the development of digital products to improve minimally invasive surgery
- Support multiple engineering and analytics teams in collecting, accessing, and analyzing data
- Keep current with software/hardware deployment and cybersecurity strategies and understand overall/implement trends in AI, ML and Cloud technologies
- Work with product development teams to bring digital products to market
- Continuously explore optimal data recording solutions, database designs, storage solutions, and analysis environments
Competency Requirements: (Competency based upon education, training, skills and experience). In order to perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Neuroscience, or Master's degree with minimum (3) years industry experience
- Interested in early research and development/prototype efforts
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Hands-on experience with AWS technologies (EC2, VPC, EBS, ALB, RDS, S3, EKS etc.)
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipeline and Build tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab etc.
- Hands on experience setting up, contributing to, and managing Kubernetes and Docker/Container registries
- Experience with OpenCV or OpenGL SDKs and NVIDIA GPU / CUDA programming is required
- Experience with Linux OS, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat satellite experience is plus
- Experience with Enterprise tools like Splunk, Nagios, ELK etc.
- Ability to work in high-performance C device-SDK’s such as those for Video Acquisition devices is required
- Hands-on experience in Python using BOOST or SDI
- Hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, pyTorch, and/or Caffe is ideal
- Proficient SQL-based technologies is required, working knowledge of PostgresDB is ideal
- Knowledge of video standards, video streaming and broadcasting is ideal
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%)