Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201243
In this role, you will move surgery forward by putting the highest quality and most innovative products in the hands of our customers to enable better surgical outcomes for patients. The ideal candidate will apply their broad and deep hands-on experience in manufacturing to produce da Vinci surgical Endoscopes. This role is responsible for NPI and on-going sustaining efforts for all active Endoscopes products with a focus on electrical and electro-optical assemblies. The assemblies under the responsibility of this role include PCBs, PCAs, optical and electrical cables,microelectronics, CMOS Image Sensors, . You will select and develop our suppliers to enable manufacturing processes that produce high quality and reliable parts. Staff level engineers innovate and implement new processes and solutions, and are considered Subject Matter Experts who educate and mentor junior engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with design, manufacturing, and project teams to implement performance, quality, capacity, and cost improvements. Mange project plans and timelines. Communicate to stakeholders on status.
- Seek out new suppliers in support of product needs. Assess suppliers for capability to fit Intuitive’s quality and business requirements.
- Develop suppliers to excel in all KPIs including Supplier Owned Quality, Capacity, and Sub-tier Management.
- Empower suppliers to own completion of part qualification deliverables: pFMEA, Special Process Validations, FAI, Cpk Studies, Capacity Studies, DfX, and cost analysis.
- Ensure compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements. Lead and support supplier audits.
- Solve complex problems using structured problem solving techniques.
- Apply improvements for supplier process issues by using true root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive actions. (SCAR)
- Execute on supply chain optimizations to meet cost reduction objectives.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years related experience in Process/Manufacturing Development/Engineering, Supplier Development Engineering or related field
- Experience leading teams to solve difficult technical and process problems
- Excellent Project Management, complex problem solving skills, and written/verbal communication skills
- Medical Device experience is a plus
- Ability to travel to suppliers (domestic and international ) as needed: 20-30%