Primary Location: Belgium-Antwerp-Antwerp-Belgium
Requisition ID: 201189
As part of our current growth, we are constantly looking for highly motivated sales people to join our Clinical Sales teams in the regions. If you are interested in the company and wish to be considered for future sales positions, do not hesitate to apply.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Position’s Objective & Summary:
A da Vinci Area Sales Manager is responsible for selling the daVinci™ Surgical System to greenfield hospitals and existing hospitals within the Area Sales Manager’s assigned territory. This requires a number of capabilities including expert-level knowledge in the use of surgical robotics, the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills, and enough tenacity to insure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. Da Vinci Area Sales Managers are expected to provide an extraordinary degree of information gathering and presenting to buying teams throughout the capital equipment purchasing process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Manage the complex sales process of daVinci Surgical Systems into new hospitals and upgrades into existing hospitals
- Build clinical and administrative support through technical presentations, executive meetings, marketing events and system test drives.
- Build support from surgeons and administration for da Vinci® Surgery
- Identify key institutions, generate market awareness, and drive sales of the daVinci™ Surgical System within an assigned sales territory.
- Effectively manage transition of initial sale and installation to the clinical sales team to drive procedural volume and growth.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Partner with the da Vinci Area Sales Director to develop a sales plan for their local territory
- Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital.
- Develop initial contact with CEO and senior hospital administrators.
- Organize and manage the sales process.
- Develop expert level knowledge of primary OR procedures.
- Make business case for system purchase.
- Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval.
- Handle all communications and administrative follow-up.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales experience preference for experience in healthcare or capital sales
- Knowledge of the operating room environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven successful track record in capital medical equipment sales
- Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution
- Fluent in English and local language as required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Sales management experience a plus
Success in introducing new technologies to the market is a plus