Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix-US-AZ-Arizona
Requisition ID: 201188
Located in Phoenix, AZ, the Inventory Control Manager is responsible for maintaining and managing the inventory control program for Global Finished Goods Inventory. This includes direct management of a team of counters, analysts, 3PL’s, and warehouse inventory by ensuring strong financial controls and accurate inventory. The role will require program and process development and improvement for the company’s inventory control program.
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production/project schedules, and productivity requirements.
- Meet or exceed all daily business requirements by:
- Scheduling work activities and assignments.
- Efficiently allocating available resources and re-assigning personnel throughout a shift.
- Coordinating resource assignments with other departments, (Production, Planning, Purchasing, Quality, Materials etc.).
- Working with the training department to ensure all team members receive appropriate training.
- Lead regular meetings and trainings with global teams to ensure alignment, consistency, and priority timelines are met.
- Audit and ensure daily compliance by team members to all operating procedures and work instructions relative to the functional activities of the group.
- Responsible for ensuring cycle count adherence and financial variance performance in their respective area.
- Responsible for ensuring cycle count ABC codes are maintained and current.
- Coordinate root cause analysis (RCAs) for inventory discrepancies and drive corrective actions to improve accuracy.
- Prepare the monthly inventory control audit package for review with Finance.
- Drive Engineering Change Orders, establish effectivity, manage implementation and material disposition throughout production.
- Monitor and drive the process for supplying Service plants with inventory and assemblies from production.
- Monitor and ensure adherence by team members to ISI manufacturing guidelines (including, but not limited to, Attendance, GMP, GDP, 5S, Safety).
- Cross-functional collaboration of creating NPI project inventory locations. This includes maintaining, reconciling and closing the locations regularly.
- Collaborate across the organization on best practices, program and process development and developing employees to build a world class inventory control program.
- Write and deliver performance reviews.
- Associate Degree or an equivalent of 5 + years of experience working in a warehouse environment associated with a production facility and /or leading project teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and supervise Inventory Control Operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievement in a globally diverse organization.
- Inventory control and cycle count experience, utilizing a Warehouse Management System.
- Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, Agile and SAP knowledge preferred.
- Ability to research, analyzes, and makes recommendations for the resolution of job related issues.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions from routine to complex in nature
- Ability to lead a cross functional team while driving moderate to complex projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Kanban systems, continuous improvement and lean principles preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.