Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Newark
Requisition ID: 201176
Primary Function of Position:
Install and support Intuitive products, with a focus on after-hours planned maintenance and repairs for our busiest customers. Support the growth and operational effectiveness of our customers’ surgical and advanced diagnostic programs with efficient and effective work order resolution.
- Perform planned maintenance (e.g. software upgrades, preventive maintenance, and proactive part replacement) and repairs after the last Intuitive procedure of the day.
- Monitor metrics and customer feedback to ensure work styles and shift schedules are aligned to the customer’s and company’s needs.
- Prioritize service calls based on patient impact and company strategic objectives.
- Partner with primary Field Service Engineer to help prioritize work orders, coordinate work, and manage escalations.
- Support team members in a constructive and collaborative way
- Provide call coverage for other FEs as needed, adapting work hours and communication styles as needed to provide seamless support for our customers
- Provide feedback to management team and support functions to improve processes and find efficiencies.
- Manage costs (e.g. travel and expense, overtime, freight charges, etc.) to deliver a high level of service at reasonable cost to the company.
- Complete administrative duties accurately and timely, including Field Service Order Documentation / Field Activity Reports, Return Material Authorizations, Expense Reports, Training/Certification, Vendor Credentialing, etc...
- Understand and operate within standard and site-specific Operating Room protocol.
- Perform pre-site verifications to prepare sites for successful system installations.
- Assist in coordination of system delivery (e.g. confirming site readiness)
- Perform system installations.
- Install system upgrades.
- Perform maintenance inspections as required to ensure system meets performance specifications.
- Maintain accurate configurations of installed base.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Support trade show activity.
- 0-2 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer, including experience in the medical device industry (or similar experience)
- BS in electrical, mechanical, or biomedical engineering, or equivalent training combined with experience
- Self-managed, and ability to solve problems independently
- Working knowledge of O.R. protocol
- Ability to meet all customer vendor credentialing requirements
- Travel up to 30%
- Ability to independently troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems including original systems failures
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Safe driving record and history
- Authorization to work in the US is a prerequisite for employment
- Sponsorship of work visa is not available
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.