Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Biebertal
Requisition ID: 201160
- Develop, maintain, and improve efficient “mid to high volume’ manufacturing assembly processes including:
- Support the development of new processes during development of new products
- Specify, document, qualify and implement manufacturing fixtures and equipment.
- Create standard documents for production (work instructions, result sheets, etc.) and implementation in the document management system.
- Define and execute tests (like DOE’s) to verify processes are stable and capable to provide consistent and reliable results
- Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process.
- Contribute and support Manufacturing Engineering and Operations in the fields of:
- continuous improvement projects with respect to yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability and cost reduction.
- Support trouble shooting for any problems in the manufacturing lines, perform root cause analysis and preventive actions
- Compliance with the current QMS, DOPs and SOPs and the safety regulations
- BE/BS required, ME/MS preferred; Mechanical Engineering, Microsystems Engineering or equivalent
- or a Recognised technical training occupation under the Vocational Training Act (BBiG) with 5+ professional work experience as NPI -or Manufacturing engineer, Experience in medical device development and manufacturing environment preferred
- or Bachelor's degree or higher in one of the following or comparable disciplines
- Precision engineering
- Minimum 2 years mechanical or manufacturing engineering experience with Mid/high volume surgical products preferred.
- New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics knowledge a plus.
- Practical approach for manufacturing processes, capability to work hands-on if required
- Experienced in ISO 9001 & 13485, or medical device manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge in Lean methodology
- Capability to express easy and understandable the assembly processes adapted to the needs of the assemblers and supervisors
- Strong work ethic and a demonstrated desire to learn complemented with strong people skills
- Troubleshooting mentality - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into sub-areas in order to identify errors and to correct these errors down to component level
- Intercultural skills
- Strong process-oriented thinking
- Good quantitative approach to problem solving
- Great attitude, eager, willing/able to take initiative, works well with others in team environment.
- Must be computer literate with experience using; Windows, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- CAD experience preferred (SolidWorks).
- Willingness to travel international (up to approx. 10% per year).
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in German and English