Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 201157
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Manufacturing Training Manager – is responsible for the setup and expansion of training and development for ISE and ISB including the developing and maintaining of Production training certification processes.
This manager will lead a team of Trainers whose role is to coordinate all training activities within this company. This mean non production side as well as production related training. Further the later start with an apprentice program (according German IHK regulations) is also in the responsibility of this group. For the production training the team will provide certification of assembly technicians to specific Manufacturing Process Instructions, provide education and training on a schedule determined by the needs and demand of the Production team. The Manager of Manufacturing Training ISO plays a key role in identifying and meeting emerging training needs for the ISO team, as well as the support of new product introductions. This role will also be responsible for the administration of the Learning Management System and document language translation support. The strength of the Manufacturing Training team is mission critical to the success of operation unit. This is where your hands-on experience supporting a training and/or manufacturing organization and your passion for leading change within a complex, fast-paced, highly regulated environment can make a direct impact.
Roles & Responsibilities
Works with Production management to prioritize and schedul certification training across all areas of Production and the entire division
Develops and delivers new training courses in the areas of the operation like manufacturing skills and processes, quality system/GMP practices and requirements, Demand Flow Technology, information technology tools, auditing and other subjects as required, SAP courses, new software tools
Develops and delivers new training courses in the area of commercial, language, communication and leadership skills and processes
Responsible for the organization, implementation of training for commercial and technical apprenticeship according requirements from IHK (Germany)
Develops and delivers new training courses in the area of vocational training for commercial and technical apprenticeship
Maintains ownership of training certification program including all processes and corresponding SOPs/DOPs and work instructions, drives continuous improvement and innovation in training and certification business processes
Evaluates the effectiveness of the training system based on product quality data, safety data, management and employee feedback, training and certification results, DHR review findings and other data to be determined.
Responsible for supporting manufacturing process instructions (MPI) development for new product introductions
Partners with Production management to develop and track appropriate control methods and key performance indicators (KPIs) to quantitatively measure team success
Responsible for the forecast and scheduling of all team resources, assignment of projects and team deliverables, overall quality and completion of team deliverables in alignment with organizational launch timelines and regulatory requirements
Leadership and coordination of budget development, staff planning, organizational design, and strategy to anticipate and ensure readiness for future business needs
Oversees administration of the Learning Management System and measure and improve the efficiency of this system
Supports document language translation requests
- Bachelor degree or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of applicable work experience, with at least 3 years of management experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to create and use actionable data to drive key business decisions
- Proven ability to hire highly capable staff, and grow and mentor staff
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately to engineering and non-technical audiences.
- Capable of maintaining a rapid pace: moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
- Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and do, strong on detail and highly organized.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience with Adobe software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Encore)
- excellent German and very good written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to travel approximately 5% domestic and international