Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201150
This role is being part of the newly formed Ion robotic division of Intuitive, responsible for manufacturing, equipment and supplier engineering creating in New Product Introduction as well as Sustaining both the means of manufacturing and supply chain, collaborating closely with new product development, program management, quality, clinical and regulatory teams to further extend the future of Intuitive.
Primary Function of Position:
This key strategic management role will lead the technical resources:
- New Product Introduction (NPI) activities consisting all the means of manufacturing process flows for robots and spare part assemblies, designing and implementing manufacturing and test equipment, collaborating and determining part based supply chain strategies as well as supporting design V&V builds and being responsible for process V&V and ramp up stabilization. This role includes responsibility for all NPI Manf. Engineering, Supplier Engineering and Equipment Engineering.
- Sustaining Production Support activities consisting of continuously improving the manufacturing methods, automation, test and process equipment as well as supplier part processes to ensure improved product quality, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and increase in production efficiency, capacity, while reducing cost. To achieve these goals, responsibility includes all necessary manufacturing related engineering functions.
- Lead the NPI team to create and manage efficient low volume, very high complexity manufacturing assembly and test lines focused on high quality.
- Plan and resource NPI deliverables for successful product launches and subsequent stabilization of manufacturing.
- Define, monitor, and drive improvements in KPIs for product launch and stabilization (for example: Build Hours, DPUs, Efficiency, Process Capability, MTF, Test Coverage, Test Efficiency, etc.).
- Drive, create and implement Manufacturability and Testability requirements into the design of product.
- Plan budget for the team for annual, mid and long-term (~5 year) business projections.
- Lead, manage and mentor Manufacturing Engineering, Test Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Supplier Engineering and Manufacturing Software Engineering for Systems manufacturing.
- Plan and staff engineering support to the manufacturing lines to ensure timely delivery of quality products.
- Provide technical leadership and setup a culture of continuous improvement to ensure improved product quality, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and increase in production efficiency, capacity, while reducing cost.
- Review Quality data and reports from the factory as well as the field to drive improvements in the factory.
- Collaborate and lead a cross functional stakeholders including but not limited to NPD, NPI, Quality, Service and Operations as well as third party suppliers to manage systems related manufacturing processes both internally and as needed at suppliers.
- Work with NPD and NPI to ensure PCBA manufacturing and test requirements (e.g. DFM and DFT) to meet product quality and reliability are fully defined. Ensure ICT test coverage for said test requirements.
- Achieve Goals both for NPI deliverables and Production Output and Quality system goals.
- Other related duties.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must fulfill the following requirements:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline (i.e. EE, ME degrees preferred)
- 15+ years of experience in a manufacturing engineering and/or test engineering.
- 10+ years as a manager of technical personnel in a fast paced environment.
- Prior manufacturing experience in high complexity products and medical devices required.
- Must possess strong engineering acumen and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills to interact and lead cross-functional teams from other functions like Design Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Engineering, Clinical and Regulatory, Purchasing, Service and Field Support, etc.
- Must have experience with hiring and retaining strong engineering talent in both individual and management roles and mentor them.
- Prior experience with electro-mechanical products is preferred
- Prior experience in Medical Device Manufacturing or regulated industry is preferred.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.