Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201145
The Financial Analyst plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best-in-class business partner support and analysis. The Company’s operations have been growing significantly over the past several years, along with the product pipeline and need for expanded quantitative analysis.
The FP&A team provides the business units and enabling functions with critical information and analysis to enable our business partners to allocate company resources in the most effective manner possible. The members of the team are closely integrated in our business partners’ operations as a way to ensure they can provide the most valuable insights possible. This is therefore a highly visible role that interacts with executive management as part of setting budgets, forecasting, and reporting on actuals.
At Intuitive Surgical, you will share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class Managers and Executive Leadership. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of our interesting journey in the world of robotic-assisted surgery, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
This role will be responsible for providing data analysis, expense management, economic decision support and financial planning support to the Enabling Functions. Specifically this individual will be responsible for supporting Regulatory Assurance, Quality Assurance, Medical Safety Office, Project Management Organization, Business Architecture and Design for the Central Product Operations Finance team. Collectively, these groups are referred to as the Enabling Functions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be the Business Partner to the Enabling Function teams
- Responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting departmental spending, capital and headcount analysis
- Create and manage monthly reporting packages for Business Partners
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, consolidating and reporting Enabling Function financials as part of month-end, forecast, and budget cycles
- Develop and analyze activity drivers for resource requests by partnering with Enabling Function teams
- Design and deliver insightful dashboards to influence key business decisions and strategies
- Collaborate with business unit finance teams to help drive decision support for the portfolio of R&D, NPI and manufacturing projects
- Proactively identify and execute continual process improvements by leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business
- Ensure monthly financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with GAAP by preparing and posting journal entries for accruals
- Assist Central Product Operations team with consolidating business unit data into presentations for management reviews
- 3+ years of relevant finance or accounting experience involving budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and project management
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to resolve conflict, drive consensus, and reach conclusions
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, including experience building financial models involving complex formulas and large data sets
- Experience with financial systems and analytical tools such as SAP (ERP), Hyperion and Tableau is preferred
- Intellectually curious and self-motivated
- Fast, high quality execution of quantitative work with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and to partner across multiple functions
- Proven track record of good teamwork
- Ability to flex to promptly manage ad hoc requests while juggling other deliverables with varying deadlines and priorities
- Interest and ability to learn and leverage multiple system capabilities and software tools to improve reporting, including Tableau and SAP
- MBA and/or CPA are a plus