Primary Location: France-Montpellier
Requisition ID: 201129
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical is widely considered the most exciting medical device company in the world today. Surgeons worldwide are changing the way surgery is performed by utilizing our robotic surgical device, the da Vinci® Surgical System, to enhance their surgical precision and greatly improve patient benefits. We have attracted some of the best and brightest on our team and now we are seeking a Field Service Engineer II manage Customer Technical Relations after the point of Sale on All Intuitive Surgical Products, in an assigned territory. This position will require you to work independently, manage and prioritize technical escalations, and establish and maintain expectations with both the direct customer and other Intuitive surgical employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Field service Engineer supporting all da Vinci® Surgical platforms
Analyze customer’s requirements to ensure effective system installation by providing Pre site Planning and Installation Coordination with the customer.
Ability to autonomously manage and schedule both planned and unplanned appointments with Customers to ensure maximum system reliability, functionality and that Uptime Guarantees are achieved. Assess and determine follow up visits to ensure maximum system reliability.
Use discretion and independent judgment when assessing the functionality and Repairing Intuitive Surgical products.
Use discretion and independent judgment when assessing customer-training needs with respect to technical training in an Operating Room environment, and provide both technical training and or technical support as required.
Independently manage all administrative duties of role that includes but are not limited to; Spare Parts Inventory, Returned Material Authorizations, Calibrated Equipment, Training Documentation, Preventative Maintenance Scheduling, Service Contracts Billings, System Configurations, and data in Call Escalation database.
Support Sales Training and Marketing events by analyzing potential issues and develop independent strategies to resolve.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- College degree in applied science or engineering preferred; or equivalent training/experience which may include extensive course work or study in the field of engineering or applied science
- 3-7 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer required, experience with medical devices preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good administrative and record keeping skills
- Good knowledge of Operating Room protocol
- Track record of solid customer relationships with Surgeons and Hospital staff
- Proven ability to independently troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems
- An ability to travel up to 25%, dependent upon