Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201114
Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts. The incumbent will book journal entries for all payroll runs (on-cycle & off-cycle), reconcile payroll accounts, ad hoc reporting, reporting metrics, and completing analysis as requested by financial analysts and management. This person will also be responsible for payroll tax compliance, statutory reporting, and reconciliation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and book payroll journal entries for all payroll runs.
- Perform month-end and quarter-end close in accordance with close schedule.
- Maintenance of the ADP General Ledger application. Add new earnings/deduction codes, cost centers, account numbers as necessary.
- Partner with Payroll Analysts to resolve non-reconciling items
- Maintain monthly tax reconciliations. Balance quarterly to ADP Statements of Deposits.
- Complete applications for new jurisdictions as necessary and ensure systems are updated.
- Ensure compliance to related Sarbanes-Oxley processes; self-monitoring for compliance and drive process changes as necessary
- Manage year-end W2 review for accuracy of reported information
- Participate on project teams, provide financial analysis as requested.
Education and Qualifications:
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- CPP/FPC certification a plus.
- At least five (5) years of payroll experience in a fast paced, high volume, multi-entity organization required.
- Familiarity with various legal regulations governing payroll activities, including Federal, State and Local requirements.
- Proficient using ADP Vantage for payroll and Workforce for time keeping. Knowledge of Oracle HCM and SAP preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including advanced formula functions and Microsoft Word
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical mindset with good judgement and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, meet all deadlines, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers within the organization.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.