Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201101
The Sr Financial Analyst in our Instruments Accessories & Endoscope business unit plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best-in-class business partner support and analysis. The Company’s operations have been growing significantly over the past several years, along with the product pipeline and need for expanded quantitative analysis.
The FP&A team provides the business unit with critical information and analysis to enable our business partners to allocate company resources in the most effective manner possible. The members of the team are closely integrated in our business partners’ operations as a way to ensure they can provide the most valuable insights possible. This is therefore a highly visible role that interacts with executive management as part of setting budgets, forecasting, and reporting on actuals and the many interesting related projects we are working on.
At Intuitive Surgical, you will share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class Managers and Executive Leadership. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of our interesting journey in the world of robotic-assisted surgery, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
This role will be responsible for providing economic decision support, data analysis, expense management, and financial planning support to the Endoscope business unit. Specifically this individual will be responsible for supporting the R&D & Marketing pipeline in addition to helping provide ad hoc support across the full business unit (including mfg and full consolidation).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create economic valuation and comparison models to support key business decisions
• Work cross collaboratively with Product Marketing and engineering teams to build out financial models to evaluate new product development and to help drive decision support on the full portfolio of R&D investments across the Endoscope business unit
• Plan and maintain long range business cases for newly launched development projects
• Design & deliver insightful dashboards to influence key business decisions and strategies
• Proactively identify and execute continual process improvements by leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business
• Responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting financials for the teams within the Endoscope business unit
• Ensure monthly financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with GAAP.
• Responsible for consolidating and reporting BU financials as part of month-end, forecast, and budget cycles
• Support quarterly expense forecasts, annual budget planning, and month-end close
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to resolve conflict, drive consensus, and reach conclusions
• Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, including experience building financial models involving complex formulas and large data sets
• Experience with systems such as SAP (ERP), Hyperion and Tableau is preferred
• Intellectually curious and self motivated
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Fast, high quality execution of quantitative work with attention to detail
• Proven track record of good teamwork