Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201086
The Marketing Operations team at Intuitive is excited to build out its Process Management team with the creation of the Marketing Process Manager role. Within the Operations team, we manage the strategic marketing processes through and including comprehensive reporting – focusing on organization, process, execution, and analysis. Our guiding principles are to enhance the strategic planning processes by facilitating constructive friction and to drive executional efficiency by reducing operational friction. This role will champion business process excellence across marketing, providing leadership in strategy-driven process changes and in the sales/marketing team interface.
Who we are: We are curious, people-first, process-driven problem solvers focused on creating positive and impactful experiences for all of our internal and external stakeholders. We are driven to bring the benefits of robotic assisted surgery to people everywhere by enabling our colleagues to achieve their goals in a better way – all while having fun and challenging ourselves in new ways. We rely on each other and never shy away from going the extra mile.
What we do: Intuitive Surgical’s Program marketing efforts leverage small in-person events around the world to connect experienced robotic surgeons with other surgeons to share their experiences, best practices and recommendations. These forums are an impactful venue to facilitate a robotic surgery community and meet a variety of attendee needs and can significantly impact a surgeon’s exposure and experience with robotic surgery.
Who you are: The Marketing Process Manager will be key in enabling Intuitive to deliver best in class Marketing business processes, tools and user experiences that mirror the benefit our customers receive from these events. Partnering with global stakeholders, you will develop a thorough understanding of the market dynamics, capabilities and needs within each of our markets to understand our engagements, their potential impact, and identify/communicate what users really need from the tools & processes the rely on. You will identify the capabilities needed to offer simplicity, repeatability, quality and efficiency to delivered system-driven solutions. A keen attention and focus on change management will be key, always keeping an eye on maintaining and accelerating adoption of the solution, ensuring quality from inception to handoff.
- Facilitate cross functional and global business alignment, scoping, development, and implementation of best in class processes, capabilities and data flows as part of a significant marketing transformation.
- Develop internal relationships to understand how we engage with our customers today and how we might improve that experience marketing automation and technology.
- Identify process, tool and data solutions that can meet the varying needs of our global teams and markets, while avoiding over-optimization of one at the expense of others. Be willing to consider different tools to accommodate those varying needs, privacy requirements, etc.
- Coach team members, stakeholders and partners through process design and improvement, identifying critical needs that will translate into success for users.
- Partner with a variety of users and key stakeholders, translate their needs and requirements into a road map, effectively and intuitively adding value at each step to maximize event impact while streamlining internal planning and execution. Identify simple, impactful capabilities that are effective and not complicated.
- Always keep in mind that solutions are being developed for a variety of users. Ensure attention is paid to discovery, communication, ongoing engagement, customer success and enablement to deliver on our commitments and maximize benefits.
- Other responsibilities as business need determines
- Strong desire and capability to listen, identify problems and drive to solutions leveraging data and technology
- Adept at collaborating, influencing and aligning with cross-functional & cross-cultural teams
- Superb communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Highly consultative with the ability to view internal stakeholders as customers
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in unstructured environment
- High EQ and self-awareness
- Demonstrated capabilities in change management
- Project management experience
- User experience: Ability to perform a needs assessment with a wide range of stakeholders, prioritize needs, identify motivations and define what “good enough” looks like, create recommendations and get buy-in on stakeholders, simplify and communicate needs to technical teams to execute
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or business discipline, MBA preferred
- Strong interest in medical technology and delivering solutions that improve patients’ lives
- 8 years of overall marketing and/or sales experience
Nice to have:
- Training and experience in process improvement
- Experience in business transformations serving in either a sales or marketing capacity
- Experience in a medical device company
- Knowledge of sales, marketing and event software tools
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.