Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201084
The Services Program Management team is responsible for providing cross-functional project management leadership on behalf of the Services business unit in support of launching new product introductions and executing on key BU strategic initiatives.
The Services Program Management team serves as the primary liaison between ISI's Engineering PMO and the Field Service, Technical Support, and Service Operations teams supporting the product. With the development and introduction of new products, the Services Program Management team identifies service strategies, service requirements, risks, deliverables, schedules, and leads the cross-functional effort to execute the project plan. In addition to NPI support, the Program Management team provides tactical project management leadership to key operational strategic initiatives, and recalls/product upgrades.
The success of the Program Management team is mission critical to the success of the worldwide Services BU. This is where your leadership, hands-on experience supporting global service organizations, fascination with robotics, and your passion for leading change within a complex, fast-paced, highly regulated environment can make a direct impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Process owner for Intuitive Services BU portfolio; define & maintain portfolio management processes to execute a combination of new product introductions and BU strategic initiatives in alignment with corporate and BU strategy.
- Lead team of program & project managers to execute the suite of programs & projects within Services BU portfolio
- Provide functional, strategic, and tactical leadership to project teams responsible for new product introductions (NPI), key operational strategic objectives, and field actions/recalls
- Ensuring appropriate planning, communication, risk mitigation, and business unit readiness in alignment with product development and commercialization target dates
- Estimate and identify the resources needed to achieve project goals through established resource capacity planning
- Develop, track, and report project cost and spending on periodic basis.
- Integrate with Engineering during product development to drive service requirements upstream to Engineering, directly impacting product design and the ability of service organization to efficiently support Intuitive’s product portfolio
- Strong collaboration and communication with internal and external business units (marketing and engineering teams); bridge development processes, approaches, and cultures. Work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure that domestic & global service strategies, assumptions, business opportunities are measured & periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution & initial product launch
- Maintain a portfolio of BU wide active projects, present to Executive Management on project status, opportunities and issues.
- Responsible for the forecast and scheduling of all team resources, assignment of projects and team deliverables, overall quality and completion of team deliverables in alignment with organizational launch timelines and regulatory requirements
- Leadership and coordination of budget development, staff planning, organizational design, and strategy to anticipate and ensure readiness for future business needs
- Provide constructive feedback & coaching to team members to assist in ongoing professional development
- Lead continuous improvement efforts regarding the portfolio management processes for Services BU
- Manage third party vendors for project resources as needed
- Negotiate and obtain project statements of work, quotes, and contracts
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field; Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, or Systems Engineering preferred
- Prefer Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- PMP/formal project management preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a director or executive level operations lead for a technology company
- Cross-functional leadership skills to effectively organize teams to produce portfolio processes & deliverables
- Skills to participate in strategy process relative to portfolio management
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and diplomacy skills to coalesce conflicting view
- Ability to develop and support attitude of teamwork across all departments
- Experience working in support of a Service organization is a plus
- Experience supporting complex capital equipment (medical devices and/or robotics preferred), including mechanical, electrical, and software elements containing a large number of SKUs is a plus
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and do, strong on detail and highly organized.
- Ability to promote ideas persuasively, influence others, and build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal partners and business leaders
- An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Demonstrated ability to think innovatively, connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight.
- Has a quick intelligence, is fast on their feet and quickly responds to issues and questions.
- Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately to engineering and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to turn ambiguous and potentially conflicting requirements into clearly defined solutions
- Ability to lead and motivate others, both within direct supervisory and matrix environments.
- Capable of maintaining a rapid pace: moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.