Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201081
Primary Functions of Position:
Based in Sunnyvale, California, this position is responsible for orchestrating the global logistics network to support Systems, instruments & accessories and Service Parts order fulfillment to the indirect and APAC markets.
This individual will be required to analyze the global Indirect & APAC markets’ capital and instruments & accessories forecast, liaise with the global production, manufacturing & logistics teams to ensure timely order fulfillment, support First Pass Fill-Rate strategy, and prevent order fulfillment service interruptions due to complex customer importer of record, customs compliance and trade related challenges.
Partnership with key stakeholders is a key facet of this role to ensure markets proactively manage inventory to support commercial objectives. This will include; coordination with contract management, oversight of consigned inventory, financial/trade compliance & reverse logistics optimization opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with executive team members to identify and remove bottlenecks related to the commercial sales cycles in indirect markets.
- Proactively address strategic needs of indirect and APAC markets to ensure seamless flow of material into markets
- Management & oversight of strategic initiatives to improve existing business process to meet the future needs of rapidly expanding international markets
- Ability to influence internal & external stakeholders on matters of significance including strategic plans, objectives and budget. Provide input into decisions on administrative and operational issues that ensures effective goal achievement.
- Strategize and develop freight forwarder solutions from ISI distribution centers to distributors to enable a reliable logistics network that mitigates risk while meeting customer delivery requirements.
- Create and maintain departmental procedures associated with the Distribution Sales Team and Global Logistics department
- Communicate with Customer Service, Contracts, Revenue Planning, and freight forwarders to manage system deliveries to meet scheduled deliveries or installations.
- Manage the global special labeling requirements for indirect markets to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Manage the RMA process for distributor returns. Assure timely movement of material. Liaise with Customer Service and resolve issues that arise with distributors and freight forwarders.
- Partner with distributor operations staff and other offsite storage and staging locations to ensure trade logistics compliance is met.
- Lead distributor cycle count program to ensure performance goals are achieved. Identify and enforce remediation program if cycle count variances exceed acceptable levels.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Contracts, Global Distribution team or other departments as required, and provide support on shipping documents and customs and trade compliance related issues.
- BS degree or equivalent and 10+ years of experience leading logistics strategy in a logistics operations or manufacturing environment. MedTech preferred.
- Leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all possible solutions and use appropriate judgement to apply most effective global logistics resolutions.
- Identify and creatively solve complex and cross-functional operational issues and develop sustainable scalable solutions and controls.
- Continually enhance global logistics best practices consistent with customer satisfaction and Intuitive culture.
- Initiate, lead, and support global continuous improvement projects within the department and cross-functionally to improve service, drive value, and develop sustainable processes to support long-term growth of the business.
- Develop new strategic solutions to improve the customer experience and provide more choices and conveniences related to delivery for our distribution and fulfillment operations.
- Experience in solving complex challenges both individually, cross functionally, and organizationally.
- Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Emotionally Intelligent and Situationally Aware.
- Strong data analysis skillset (e.g. Tableau, Visio, Excel etc.) preferred
- Detailed understanding of material movement in a manufacturing environment, including; import and export requirements, regulatory guidelines, high volume parcel shipments, and capital equipment freight shipments.
- Detailed understanding of customs regulations associated with but not limited to Customs Reconciliation, Customs Clearance, ECCN Coding, Government Audit Requirements, Carnet Preparation, INCOTERMS, Letters of Credit, Commercial Invoices, and Duty Drawback.
- Up to 20% travel is required.