Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201080
The Quality Operations Engineer works independently to drive the continuous improvement of all Quality Operations processes while meeting customer demands, area metrics and maintaining a high level of output quality. The Engineer will support engineering needs across the areas of IQC- Incoming Quality Control, PMC- Preventive Maintenance & Calibration, MRB – Material Review Board, DHR – Device History Record.
The Quality Operations Engineer may monitor all department metrics and provide recommendations for areas of opportunity or continuous improvement. They may analyze equipment performance, drive fixture development and improvement and assess automation opportunities. The Quality Operations Engineer may update DOPs and write work instructions to clarify or improve department processes. The Quality Operations Engineer also supports engineering activities across all Quality Operations functional areas. Tasks may include the following:
- Creates, analyzes and manages closure of Equipment Events (EEs)
- Creates and approves engineering changes
- Designs tools, as needed, to support PMC activities
- Leads special projects related to PMC execution and cost efficiency, including RFID, in-house verification, and rebuild processes.
- Creates procedures for in-house calibration activities
- Performs assessment, diagnosis and supports troubleshooting of ISI equipment not performing per equipment specifications.
- Derives tolerance specifications from engineering CAD models and Engineering specifications for inspection, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Work with incoming quality inspection team to develop and revise inspection plans
- Support other quality operations initiatives as directed by the manager
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Familiar with Six Sigma principles/ tools
- Capable of performing data analytics, excel/VBA, Tableau
- Able to work independently, switch gears and wear multiple hats
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving anomalies in Equipment, Fixtures, and Tooling, including the use of calipers, DMMs, and pin gauges
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Honest, thorough, and self-motivated
- Understanding of Inspection (GD&T), Metrology, PMC, and GMP
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development process, including prototype assembly, test, debug, transfer, and sustaining
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Comfortable troubleshooting and resolving complex assemblies
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.