Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201070
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 3 is an advanced position requiring significant experience in warehousing operations, exceptional technical skills (equipment operation, counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of ISI’s inventory management systems and software (Agile, SAP, WMS), strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Material Handler 3 is responsible for material-handling duties in support of operations and other internal customers. To be eligible, a Material Handler must be in good standing (attendance, quality, behavior) and certified to and excel in a minimum of 3 key tasks from the following: receiving; parts put-away; point-of-use parts replenishment (Route Runner); material transfers (MT); stock transfer orders (STO); single parts presentation kitting (SPP); systems packing (all carts); packaging.
Following training and certification(s), this position has responsibility and authority for:
- All Material Handler 1 &2 Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in operations and engineering projects.
- Physically and systemically moving approved materials between staging areas, storage locations and WIP locations.
- Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated work areas.
- Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.
- Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
- Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders.
- Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
- Performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI’s Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Complying with materials management policies and processes, including First In/ First Out (FIFO) material rotation, 5-S, Safety, Quality, Attendance and Good Warehousing/Housekeeping processes.
- Participating in the daily cycle counts.
- Operating material handling equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, order-picking machine).
- Communicating via e-mail the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
- Participate in the implementation of department projects up to and including leading a project team.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement (CI) program, including both the creation and implementation of CIs.
- Under the guidance of department trainers or designated trainers, assist in the hands-on training of new personnel or personnel being cross-trained.
- Leading the daily cycle counts.
- Identify areas or opportunities for operational improvement. Focusing on efficiency and quality, develop proposals for systems and process improvement. Gain consensus from Supervisor and drive the implementation of improvements.
- Become knowledgeable of all key tasks performed by Lead and fill the Lead position when the Lead is absent, including the assignment of department personnel throughout a shift and maintenance/issuance of required reports.
- Be proficient in the role of deputized trainer. At the direction of the Supervisor, train new personnel or cross-train existing personnel, including all required documentation, record keeping and reporting.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
- Possess high school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and internal customers, both verbally and written.
- Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories).
- Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment.
- Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
- Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile,WMS).
- Certified to a minimum of 3 key material-handling tasks. Must consistently exceed efficiency standards and quality goals when performing them.
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically leadership, coaching and training.
- Strong verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate with Team members and internal customers.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.