Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201069
Primary Function of Position:
Manages and leads the team performing Purchasing and warehouse management for Service Operations Business Unit.
Program elements include, but are not limited to supplier change management, new product introduction, sustaining, business continuity planning and management, analysis and management of third party assets, audits, and monitoring supplier quality. Performing other activities, inventory management, Storage and Handling, as well as management and coordination of OEM vendors.
Provide hands-on leadership for team members who work with cross-functional teams which may include participants from Design Engineering, Mfg. Engineering, Production, Marketing, Planning, Supplier Engineering, Materials, Regulatory, Quality and Suppliers to execute projects implementing supply chain strategies in the following areas: risk mitigation, facility and/or supplier moves, changes in product materials and processes, supply chain consolidation, tooling replication, and alternate sourcing
Ability to lead and grow a team, understand complex issues of both process and business at suppliers, manage projects within the supply base, and develop team members and processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Materials and Procurement team within the Service Operations department, including:
- Associate Buyer, OEM Coordinator and Material Handling positions. Provide vision and direction to own work group, and serve as primary interface to those groups directly impacted by supply chain decisions.
- Ensure that company procedures including SOX requirements and SBA are understood and adhered to.
- Identify needs within own organization. Hire, train and develop personnel to meet those needs.
- Create department operating procedures, work instruction, and work flows.
- Establish and achieve Materials departmental goals.
- Establish and publish metrics for current suppliers.
- Teach direct reports to perform current job tasks, and provide ongoing performance coaching and development.
- Evaluate and provide annual performance feedback to direct reports.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of current systems and processes.
- Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging employees to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
- Ability to recognize potential team issues, proposed solutions and gain commitment of team and other peer managers.
- Hands-on role in managing cross functional project teams, including:
- requirements and deliverables definition,
- resource scoping, adapting to the environment over time,
- mitigating program risk during execution
- Full closure and documentation.
- Develop effective relationships with ownership/management at key suppliers
- Present project and team progress to Global Supply Chain and Executive management
FE Tool Kit Management:
- Responsible for procurement during the entire product lifecycle - New Product Introduction (NPI), and Sustaining Product
- Responsible for kit and individual tool availability for the Field Service Organization and distributors
- Responsible for development of reports and communicating reliable information about status of planned goals, projects and tasks
- Responsible for inventory accuracy in designated locations
- Make strategic purchasing decisions to benefit the company 1+ years in the future.
- Work with cross-functional teams on the overall evaluation of production suppliers. Support the supplier scorecard program.
- Identify potential areas for supplier consolidation, and minimize proliferation while meeting the technical requirements for new product design teams.
- Create a quarterly supplier business review process.
- Create supply chain strategies with NPI team for new products.
- Identify alternatives for “high risk” single and sole source suppliers. Work with cross-functional team to create and implement risk management/supply continuity plans.
- Implement long-term corrective action for shortages, capacity constraints, and other systemic supplier related issues.
- Create and negotiate supplier contracts.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best cost and delivery possible.
- Oversee the acquisition, storage, and delivery of components, associated transactions to achieve and deliver these builds.
- Maintain policies that govern the procurement responsibility and stock on hand related to service materials and OEM materials on hand.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers that result in competitive advantage for cost-neutral delivery.
- Work closely with Eng. Team Managers, Production Purchasing and Master Scheduler to optimize inventory levels of “common parts” sufficient to support both business units.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent and 6 or more years related experience in supply chain management or supplier development,
- Experience in medical device preferred
- Proven ability to manage multi-functional projects in the supply chain
- Supplier relationship management experience
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge in medical device Regulatory requirements: ISO13485, 21CFR Part 820, Japan PAL
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work on several fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people and departments within the company.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally inside and outside the company at all levels.
- Ability to motivate, guide, and inspire members of the team
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Domestic and International travel required