Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201053
Primary Function of Position:
Lead, develop and implement global value based solutions, key programs and channel strategies that promote measurable and meaningful value for da Vinci surgery amongst surgeons, hospitals and health systems. Intuitive is looking for a commercial leader, experienced in hospital marketing strategy, value messaging and customer analytics to evangelize the regional marketing and sales organizations and external customers.
In this customer-facing capacity, this person will partner with regional Marketing and Sales leadership to strategically align and execute marketing plans that drive a cohesive surgeon/hospital value story and build personalized, data driven proof points.
- Champion the development of value based solutions and build a powerful customer story that enable the Intuitive commercial teams to effectively communicate and promote the value of da Vinci surgery across all core procedure and product verticals.
- Build, optimize and scale global Quantify the Impact (QTI) strategies to expose clinical improvement, program optimization and market expansion opportunities for key customers including surgeons, hospitals administrators and health system executives on a global scale.
- Partner with regional marketing partners to implement value messaging and proof points at key conferences, including robotics symposia, executive sessions, epicenter case-observations, booth presence and webinars.
- Lead deep dives into the understanding of customer insight and hospital segment perspectives on the clinical and economic value of da Vinci Surgery.
- Partner with Training department to identify and support the development of new training programs to standardize and enhance the ability of the sales force to Quantify the Impact of da Vinci® Surgery and execute business alignment meetings.
- Track, analyze, and provide perspective and strategic direction on major changes in the hospital and health system (e.g., reimbursement incentives, outpatient and inpatient trends); provide strategic insight for Intuitive in regards to these changes.
- Interface closely with Healthcare Economics, Market Access and Clinical Affairs teams to build hospital value story rooted in clinical/economic evidence.
- Collaborate with the market research function to carry out customer market research and provide appropriate insight to the sales force and customers.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have the following:
- 12+ years of physician and hospital marketing experience in a therapeutic medical device company. Surgical and/or OR sales experience strongly desired.
- Familiarity with health economics / hospital finance fundamental.
- Experience working with C-suite hospital administrators and decision support functions within hospitals and health systems is also desired.
- Proven ability to effectively position and message products/procedures and develop strong sales support to drive product/procedure adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
- Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, presentation and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
- Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
- Project management and process oriented skills desired.
- Experience in leading global cross-functional team projects from concept to execution highly desired.
- Must be well versed in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to travel 35% both domestically and internationally. Capability of working with various international markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or business discipline. MBA desired.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.