Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201047
This position will be a key technical staff member of Endoscope NPI and Process Development Engineering team and will lead manufacturing process development, manufacturing process transfer for design V&V, process validation and production release.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Setup pilot line for developing manufacturing processes for new product introduction
- Design and develop manufacturing processes, procedures and production flow
- Work closely with New Product Development Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering and other functions to resolve all technical issues to ensure successful transfer of product design to manufacturing and product release.
- Apply Robust Design / Design for Six Sigma principles in developing robust manufacturing processes for new product introduction from proof of concept through pre-pilot, pilot and to final production release
- Characterize critical processes, establish controls for critical parameters, improve process robustness and yield
- Lead and/or work in a cross functional team to resolve major technical issues
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline, advanced degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in process development in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Solid Knowledge and extensive experiences with diverse manufacturing processes including precision assembly process, adhesive process , soldering process and laser welding process
- Experiences in designing fixtures, tooling and aids for efficient and error-proofing manufacturing processes
- Experiences in manufacturing fiber optic products a plus
- Strong project management and excellent team work skills with proven ability to work with a cross functional team and drive for timely project success
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong skills in problem solving and data analysis.
- Knowledge and experiences with various failure analysis techniques
- Knowledge and experiences with six sigma methodology highly desired
- Experiences with Agile or similar product lifecycle management tool preferred
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (including GMP, MDD, ISO), familiarity with ISO 13485 a plus