Primary Location: Switzerland-Vaud-Aubonne
Requisition ID: 201025
As part of our current growth, we will be looking for highly motivated people to join our Engineering team in Switzerland. If you are interested in the company and wish to be considered for this future position, do not hesitate to apply.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority. Intuitive Surgical’s Aubonne engineering group designs new imaging systems for surgical robotics. Within Intuitive Surgical’s overall engineering effort, the Aubonne engineering group designs cameras and imaging systems to be used by surgeons to see new information about the surgical site. We are looking for an engineer who can work well in a small group and is a hands on, self-motivated, self-directed, technically strong electronic design engineer, ideally with experience in imaging and an interest in medical & novel imaging methods.
Primary Function of Position:
The Electronic Design Engineer’ primary function will be the design and implementation of electronics to create and interface imaging devices comprising imagers, SPADs, TOF sensors, and others to Intuitive’s robotic surgery systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducting detailed prototype design, test, and iteration
- Managing short production runs of the board level systems designed
- Identification of root cause and driving to resolution design issues that arise
- Developing metrics, protocols and test fixtures for qualifying imaging system designs
- Validating designs using empirical and analytical methods
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in a rapidly moving environment
- Assisting with difficulties involving imaging system components
- Some travel likely required both inside Europe and to the USA
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum a BSc in Electrical Engineering, Systems Design, Physics, or a related discipline. MSc and PhDs a plus.
- Ideally a Minimum 3 or 4 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience and expertise in Electronic design from board level to self-contained sub-systems
- Design, implementation, and first bring-up of board level systems
- Experience with Cadence design tools, eg OrCAD, FPGA, ideally in Verilog,
- Experience in Digital and analog design
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Self-motivated and ability to self-direct with a track record of successful project completion
Preferred knowledge, skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge’s in 3D CAD with SolidWorks (or an interest in learning this)
- Experience with imaging systems involving illumination and cameras
- Experience with systems comprising multiple engineering disciplines
- Experience with LIDAR or FLIM or SPADs or TOF