Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 201008
The person in this position will be expected to work with a small team to develop customer-facing surgical planning software of a new surgical system which targets one of the most-deadly diseases. Successful candidates will have experience in algorithm development, software design and development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the full cycle of the development of customer-facing surgical planning software
- Understand clinical requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Design, prototype, and implement computer vision and/or medical image analysis algorithms
- Iterate with user feedback, and deliver production-ready code
- Support system integration
- Generate formal design documentation
- Prepare and review patent applications
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- A passion for developing technologies to improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people
- MS or PhD degree in CS, EE, BME, radiology or related fields
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in computer vision, and machine learning/deep learning
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in state-of-the-art (medical) image analysis algorithms
- Experience in multiple of the following areas: camera calibration, camera pose estimation, SLAM, structure from motion, augmented reality, image segmentation, image registration, medical image reconstruction
- Proficiency in programming using C++ and Python, and experience with OOP design
- Familiarity with one or more tools and libraries: OpenCV, PyTorch, TensorFlow, and ITK
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with software development process in a regulated environment is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in relevant algorithm development
- 4+ years of overall relevant experience
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.