Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 200943
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to assemble high-end surgical 3D-endoscopes and their subassemblies, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a sophisticated manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, managers and manufacturing engineers to achieve team performance goals in these areas of Efficiency, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce a variety of mechanical, electrical, and fiber optic assemblies on different manufacturing lines
- Responsible for complete in process corrections (IPC)
- Assistance to Industrial Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers
- Perform preparation work such as line clearance and changeover.
· Become proficient at multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Perform inspection of own and other's work. Perform simple repairs on own or other's work.
· Mentor and train team members in areas of expertise
- Report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed.
- Conduct testing of final assemblies
- Conduct basic root cause analysis, troubleshooting of manufacturing issues
- Closely follow documented assembly and test processes
- Support continuous improvement activities led by manufacturing engineering
- Perform preventive maintenance per provided procedures
- Document test results using paper and electronic means (Word, Excel, SAP)
- Perform SAP transactions related to manufacturing work
- Observe instructions and regulations relating to environmental protection when carrying out assigned duties.
- Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations
- Good communication and documentation skills in German and basic knowledge of the English language
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, managers, or engineers.
- Ability to understand the basic material flow from the stock room to finished goods and Bill-of-Material structure
- Ability to report quality issues and suggest simple process improvements.
- Inductive soldering/laser welding/laser marking and gluing experience a plus
- Ability to work in a controlled environment room (ie clean room), this includes wearing clean room gowns, head caps, booties as well as meeting other clean room standards such as no jewelry or make-up