Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 200941
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this position is to assemble high-end surgical 3D-endoscopes and their subassemblies, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a sophisticated manufacturing work environment. This position would work closely with fellow team members and the manager to achieve team performance goals in these areas. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce mechanical, electrical, and fiber optic assemblies on a manufacturing line
- Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
- Perform preparation work such as line clearance and changeover.
- Perform inspection of own and other's work. Perform simple repairs on own or other's work.
- Conduct testing of final assemblies
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of manufacturing issues
- Closely follow documented assembly and test processes
- Operators self-check
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation and report issues in his/her work station.
- Properly use of material handling kanban
- Document test results using paper and electronic means (Word, Excel, SAP)
- Perform SAP transactions related to manufacturing work
- Observe instructions and regulations relating to environmental protection when carrying out assigned duties.
- Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Hands-on technician with at least 1 year work experience in a production environment, Fiber optic and /or medical experience preferred
or applicable successfully completed apprenticeship as a precision mechanics/mechatronics/watchmaker or similar
- Attention to detail with focus on quality and ability to work well in a team
- Previous manufacturing experience with SAP and/or document control systems a plus
- Previous experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or similar QMS a plus
- Good communication and documentation skills in German and basic knowledge of the English Language preferred
- Inductive soldering/laser welding/laser marking experience a plus
- Ability to work in a controlled environment room (ie clean room), this includes wearing clean room gowns, head caps, booties as well as meeting other clean room standards such as no jewelry or make-up