Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 200936
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this person is to assemble high-end surgical 3D-endoscopes and their subassemblies, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a sophisticated manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, managers and manufacturing engineers to achieve team performance goals in these areas of Efficiency, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce a variety of mechanical, electrical, and fiber optic assemblies on different manufacturing lines
- Operate and set up (as needed) production equipment/fixtures.
- Responsible for complete in process corrections (IPC)
- Assistance to Industrial Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers
- Revision of work instructions (MPI)
- Create and hold presentations for an international technical audiences (i.e. Engineers)
- Perform preparation work such as line clearance and changeover.
· Become proficient at multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Perform inspection of own and other's work. Perform repairs on own or other's work.
· Mentor and train team members in areas of expertise i.e. Sub-assemblies, Cable, Scope-Assembly and Calibration
- Report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed.
- Conduct testing of final assemblies
- Conduct basic root cause analysis, troubleshooting of manufacturing issues
- Closely follow documented assembly and test processes
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation and report issues in his/her work station.
- Maintenance of andon boards
- Support continuous improvement activities led by manufacturing engineering
- Perform preventive maintenance and calibration per provided procedures
- Document test results using paper and electronic means (Word, Excel, SAP)
- Perform SAP transactions related to manufacturing work
- Observe instructions and regulations relating to environmental protection when carrying out assigned duties.
- Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Hands-on technician with at least 5 year work
experience in a production environment, Fiber optic and /or medical
or applicable successfully completed apprenticeship as a precision mechanics/mechatronics/watchmaker or similar with 4 years of year work experience in a production environment, Fiber optic and /or medical experience preferred
- Good technical skills with the proven ability to work in a team environment
- Detail accuracy and strong quality awareness
- Previous manufacturing experience with SAP and/or document control systems a plus
· Computer literacy with common computer applications, MS Office
- Previous experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or similar QMS a plus
- Good communication and documentation skills in German and good knowledge of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, managers, or engineers.
- Ability to understand the basic material flow from the stock room to finished goods, Bill-of-Material structure
- Ability to report quality issues and suggest simple process improvements.
- Inductive soldering/laser welding/laser marking and gluing experience a plus
- Ability to work in a controlled environment room (ie clean room), this includes wearing clean room gowns, head caps, booties as well as meeting other clean room standards such as no jewelry or make-up