Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200925
Primary Function of Position:
Line Engineer is responsible for supporting production released robotic systems. Deliver improvements in reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, capacity, and cost. Provide mechanical support for cross-functional team including electrical and software disciplines.
- Provides product and process Design for Manufacturability input to enhance manufacturability and servicing.
- Takes ownership of products from production phase through end-of-life.
- Assists in creation and maintenance of efficient “mid-volume” manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow processes and detailed work instructions.
- Provides training and support to repair technicians.
- Design, qualify, document and introduce production and service assembly/test fixtures and equipment.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Leads/participates in initiative focused on yield improvement, material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and outsourcing of assemblies.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing organizations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Travel: Position may require 5-10% travel, primarily within U.S.
- Candidate must be of high character and energy with regard for detail.
- Demonstrated Electro-mechanical and/or Process Engineering ability.
- Demonstrated ability in failure analysis and continuous improvement.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Solid modeling experience (ProE, SolidWorks, or similar).
- MS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical content.
- Prior experience with various sensor applications and technologies, including reliability and performance assessment.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design experiments.
- Prior team leadership demands.
- Prior supplier quality responsibility.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience applying automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing, or robotics.
- Machine tool experiences a plus.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Experience in Just-In-Time, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean Manufacturing techniques.