Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200910
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci® Surgical
System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex
mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced
three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision
beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Senior Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting Service readiness for all incoming new products and the transfer of all mature product to be transferred to other Service locations outside the SV campus. Will work closely with the engineering teams in the assembly, documentation, and testing of new product concepts.
This person is directly
responsible for assembling prototypes (Gamma/Beta/PPQ, etc), executing test
protocols, documenting results, evaluating new manufacturing process
instructions, and providing feedback to the engineering, manufacturing and
service teams. In addition, the person will assist with developing and
maintaining tooling, fixtures, and a clean and well organized work space.
A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required as well as a commitment to high product quality.
- Manufacturing systems production support for periods of time
- Follow Production escalation process and provide engineering of any interruptions to the production line.
- Perform quick triage of issues and recommend best course of action to keep production running.
- Document all activities during escalation support in formal records.
• Build, test and provide guidance on development of test fixtures and engineering prototypes.
- Order parts and assemble/bring up duplicate fixtures for production
- Document all changes within formal processes
- RMA line support for troubleshooting/repair/testing/legacy products.
- Assist with the development of Service RMA Procedures.
- Support qualification processes
- Support training of technicians within Mechanical assemblies/PCA’s/electronic assemblies
- Engineering support:
- Execute engineering level tests and collect data to support design of experiment activities or characterize a device.
- Support production with Mechanical units/electronics/PCA programming and functional testing in the early phase of new product launches to shake out bugs, suggest improvements.
- Redline process instructions and drawings. Prepare and submit simple ECOs with engineering guidance.
• Maintain a clean well-organized development area that includes multiple prototyping areas (materials, electrical and mechanical tools, and test equipment) and a pre-production environment.
- Candidate must be of high character and energy with regard for detail.
- Demonstrated Electro-mechanical and/or Process Engineering ability.
- Demonstrated ability in failure analysis and continuous improvement.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Solid modeling experience (ProE, SolidWorks, or similar).
- Prior experience with various sensor applications and technologies, including reliability and performance assessment.
- Effective use of troubleshooting and measurement equipment like oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators, custom test platforms.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design experiments.
- Prior team leadership demands.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience applying automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing, or robotics.
- Experience in Just-In-Time, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Hands-on technician with the proven ability to work well in a small team environment.
- Must have good communication and documentation skills.
- Must have problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Good
Manufacturing Practices & Quality Systems Regulations is desirable.
Prefer medical product experience.
- Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing/ sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- An Engineering Technician will need to potentially travel
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.