Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200852
Located in Sunnyvale CA, the Sr. Manager of Global Logistics Operations must possess a strong level of leadership, strategic vision, and expertise in domestic and international logistics. Own a strong skillset in LEAN logistics strategy, network design, optimization, and program management. This individual must possess a demonstrated track record of driving operational excellence and value for multisite distribution and fulfillment operations in a global arena. Develop key long term strategic initiatives, deliverables, improvements, and efficiencies of physical and transactional processes to achieve corporate and departmental goals associated with the global logistics team in support of Intuitive’s corporate strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all possible solutions and use appropriate judgement to apply most effective global logistics resolutions.
• Identify and creatively solve complex and cross-functional operational issues and develop sustainable scalable solutions and controls.
• Continually enhance global logistics best practices consistent with customer satisfaction and Intuitive culture.
• Initiate, lead, and support global continuous improvement projects within the department and cross-functionally to improve service, drive value, and develop sustainable processes to support long-term growth of the business.
• Develop new strategic solutions to improve the customer experience and provide more choices and conveniences related to delivery for our distribution and fulfillment operations.
• Collaborate with internal departments, such as: RA/QA, Instruments, Accessories & Endoscopes, Systems & Imaging, Endoluminal, Finance, Contracts, Field Service, and Commercial teams to improve service and drive results on various corporate initiatives.
• Provide departmental expertise in but not limited to: Logistics Supplier & 3PL selection and negotiation; process design, implementation and control for order management, freight booking, carrier allocation and internal visibility.
• Lead the design, development and implementation of new processes and tools that provide a foundation for maintaining logistics metrics, dashboards, and enhanced reporting.
• BS degree or equivalent and 8+ years of experience leading logistics strategy in a logistics operations or manufacturing environment. MedTech preferred.
• Emotionally Intelligent and Situationally Aware.
• Strong data analysis skillset (e.g. Tableau, Visio, Excel etc.) preferred
• Proven track record of being an effective leader in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing or logistics organization.
• Detailed understanding of material movement in a manufacturing environment, including; import and export requirements, regulatory guidelines, high volume parcel shipments, and capital equipment freight shipments.
• Detailed understanding of customs regulations associated with but not limited to Customs Reconciliation, NAFTA Certificates of Origin for Importing and Exporting, Country of Origin Marking Waivers, 9801 & 9802 Manufacturer’s Affidavits, Truck Transponders, CTPAT, Customs Clearance, ECCN Coding, Government Audit Requirements, Carnet Preparation, INCOTERMS, Letters of Credit, Commercial Invoices, and Duty Drawback.
• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
• Proven ability to lead a high performance team to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.• Up to 10% travel is required.
• Proven ability to manage Logistics supplier relationships to meet corporate goals and requirements including RC/CA management.
• Experience managing sub-contracted logistics service providers including 3PLs and freight forwarders.
• Proven ability to lead projects relating to departmental LRM efforts, including resource planning, space and layout requirements, subcontracted service partners and other resource planning.