Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 200816
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team
dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical
efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our
you exemplify our values and want to be part of a Company that is passionate
about improving outcomes for the patients and customers we serve, this is the
role for you.
Function of Position:
Draft, provide counsel, analyze, and negotiate a variety of legal contracts (including for supply, quality, product development, financial, and general corporate matters).
Advise and assist on corporate transactions/deals (including asset purchases, stock purchases, and any mergers & acquisitions).
Provide research, analysis, counseling, and litigation support services in the following areas: commercial/contractual disputes and compliance.
This “hands on” position will report to the Sr. Legal Counsel and work
very closely with the Materials Management, Manufacturing and Service
Operations, Business Development, and Sales & Marketing organizations for
their legal support needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate supply and development agreements that establish business relationships with suppliers and collaborators
- Be able to act as lead transaction counsel for complex deals
- Negotiate and draft a broad range of deal-related transactional agreements
- Provide advice to internal business stakeholders and advise on best practices relating to transactional agreements and all contracts
- Assess and negotiate agreements to ensure adherence to required contractual terms and conditions
- Monitor contract expiration or renewal dates and proactively engage Manufacturing and Service Operations team to ensure continued contract coverage as necessary
- Work closely with purchasing, engineering, quality, manufacturing, service, and other departments when negotiating agreements to ensure all stakeholders' interests are covered
- Conduct legal research to find optimal solutions in various commercial engagements
- Ensure that contract files/databases for all agreements are maintained by Paralegals
- Legal review and analysis of internal and external marketing materials
- Continuously evaluate and update relevant processes and procedures
- Approximately 8 to 10 years legal experience, preferably some experience in medical device industry
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills, including experience with commercial agreement matters
- Strong transactional experience, including drafting and negotiating asset purchase agreements and contracts
- Some familiarity with entities maintenance and supporting banking transactions a plus
- Some familiarity with litigation and advocacy a plus
- Several years of law firm experience required
- Exceptional organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Highly professional, considerate, and motivated to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement cross-functional processes
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work proactively to meet internal and external deadline demands
- JD degree
- Admission to the Bar of at least one US jurisdiction
- Some travel required
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.