Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200812
This key management role will lead the technical resources dedicated to:
- New Product Introduction (NPI) activities consisting of setting up new manufacturing equipment, test equipment, and manufacturing processes for the Systems product line and
- Sustaining activities consisting of continuously improving the manufacturing equipment, test equipment, and manufacturing processes to ensure improved product quality, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and increase in production efficiency, capacity, while reducing cost.
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Lead the NPI team to create and manage efficient medium volume, high complexity manufacturing assembly and test lines focused on high quality.
- Plan and resource NPI deliverables for successful product launches and subsequent stabilization of manufacturing.
- Define, monitor, and drive improvements in KPIs for product launch and stabilization (for example: Build Hours, DPUs, Efficiency, Process Capability, MTF, Test Coverage, Test Efficiency, etc.).
- Drive Manufacturability and Testability requirements into the design of product.
- Plan budget for the team for annual, mid and long-term business projections.
- Lead, manage and mentor Manufacturing Engineering, Test Engineering, Equipment Engineering, and Manufacturing Software Engineering for Systems manufacturing.
- Plan and staff engineering support to the manufacturing lines to ensure timely delivery of quality products.
- Provide technical leadership and setup a culture of continuous improvement to ensure improved product quality, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and increase in production efficiency, capacity, while reducing cost.
- Review Quality reports from the factory as well as the field to drive improvements in the factory.
- Lead a cross functional team of stakeholders within Intuitive NPD, NPI, and Operations as well as third party suppliers to manage systems related manufacturing processes both internally and as needed at suppliers.
- Work with NPD and NPI to ensure PCBA manufacturing and test requirements (e.g. DFM and DFT) to meet product quality and reliability are fully defined. Ensure ICT test coverage for said test requirements.
- Achieve Goals both for NPI deliverables and Production Output and Quality system goals
- Other reasonable duties
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must fulfill the following requirements:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline (i.e. EE, ME, CS, CE)
- 15+ years of experience in a manufacturing engineering or test engineering
- 10+ years as a manager of technical personnel in a fast paced environment
- Must possess strong engineering acumen and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent communication skills to interact and lead cross-functional teams from other functions like Design Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Engineering, Regulatory, Purchasing, Field Support, etc.
- Must have experience with hiring and retaining strong engineering talent in both individual and management roles and mentor them.
- Prior experience with electro-mechanical products is preferred
- Prior experience in Medical Device Manufacturing or regulated industry is preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience in high complexity products is preferred
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.