Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200766
- Manages supply chain of high value, complex direct materials to support business requirements: may include purchase order management, sourcing, contract negotiations, spend analysis, inventory management, and supplier performance management.
- Mentors other buyers within the purchasing team and may lead cross-functional commodity team and/or have supervisory responsibilities.
- Identifies and drives key procurement initiatives.
- Provides leadership within assigned commodity team:
- Prioritizing commodity team projects.
- Ensuring commodity team achieves goals.
- Identifying and completing risk mitigation and cost reduction projects.
- Managing capacity growth
- Leveraging knowledge of commodity trends to drive strategies.
- Contract Management
- Establish contractual agreements for new partners and revise existing agreements to align with changes to Intuitive’s contract strategy
- Establish long term volume pricing, risk mitigation, and capacity agreements with key suppliers to support Intuitive’s volume growth
- Review, administer, and manage long-term purchase order and delivery commitments to designated suppliers as necessary to support production and/or sales requirements within the business.
- Reviews, interprets, and communicates material demand forecast and manages capacity planning for assigned commodity groups and/or supplier relationships.
- Leads alignment of production supplier requirements and sourcing strategies with those of new product development (NPI) for designated suppliers/commodities to ensure uninterrupted material availability, alignment of risk, and cost goals with long term vision for the commodity / business.
- Owns performance management and improvement efforts for designated suppliers, including leading supplier business reviews.
- Utilizes lean sourcing principles (kanban, consignment, and other similar material pull methods) to support manufacturing plants with achieving 100% material availability and optimizing on-hand inventory.
- Embraces continuous improvement techniques to drive toward attainment of key purchasing metrics (supplier on-time delivery, quality, risk management, inventory velocity, and cost reduction).
- Support Intuitive’s Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) program. Leads complex cross-functional projects to mitigate risk, improve quality, and/or reduce cost within assigned supply base, including management of change cut-ins.
- Leverages problem solving skills and develops counter-measures to implement long-term solutions to identified problems.
- Mentors colleagues within the supply chain organization. Identifies process and training improvement opportunities and drives closure of identified gaps.
- Co-lead direct procurement supplier selection process with collaboration from Supplier Engineering. Leverages best practice supplier selection techniques to identify a core supply base able to offer lowest total cost of ownership and high quality product.
- Cost and contracting
- Leads construction of sustainable year over year annual cost reduction plan to achieve corporate initiative plan for designed suppliers/parts and/or commodity team.
- Leads creation, negotiation, and management of commercial agreements – covering cost, quality, and delivery terms.
- Establishes database of current and future volume price quotes to support spend analytics and establish pricing controls for plant buyers
- Monitors actual PO pricing compliance to volume pricing agreement
- BS degree or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of purchasing experience in a regulated industry manufacturing environment (medical device preferred). Master’s degree preferred.
- Certifications: CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP preferred.
- Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong Excel skills.
- Proven track record of effective project management in a fast-paced manufacturing company (medical device preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of and experience working with kanban systems and other lean principles.
- Working knowledge of buying, material planning, master scheduling, and forecasting.
- Experience managing Machining commodity spend/suppliers or has worked as machinist preferred.
- Experience with strategic sourcing methodology with a global perspective in regions such as APAC, Mexico, and other low-cost regions.
- Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
- Proven ability to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
- Experience with people management and/or extensive cross-functional team leadership. Proven track record of promoting positive team culture and employee development.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with proven track record of savings.
- ~25% travel to both domestic and international suppliers.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.