Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Durham-US-NC-Durham
Requisition ID: 200737
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 2 is a position requiring experience in warehousing operations, advanced technical skills (equipment operation, cycle counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and software (Agile, SAP, WMS).
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will fulfill the following roles:
• Receiving: Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.• Parts Put-away: Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from Incoming Quality staging areas into Warehouse storage locations.• Warehouse
o Parts Replenishment: Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.o MT (Material Transfer): Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.o Sales Order Fulfillment: Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders and Service Transfer Orders.
• Pack Out: Packing System carts, FRUs (Field Replaceable Units) and kits.
• Comply with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.• Communicate verbally and via email the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.• Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program, including the creation and implementation of small scale improvements.• Perform material movement transactions accurately in SAP, including WMS movements• Be trained and certified to operate advanced material handling equipment. (Stand-up and order picking lift trucks, and/or electric pallet jack).• Effectively apply knowledge of material flow and basic warehousing principles to Material Handling assignments (FIFO, consolidation, lean principles.)• Participate in cross-functional projects.• At the direction of the Supervisor, support training new personnel or cross-train existing personnel, including all required documentation, record keeping and reporting.• Perform cycle counts and other Warehouse activities as needed.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Minimum 3-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Medical device experience preferred.
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Flexible, adaptable to change, ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to adhere to attendance, safety, quality, and performance guidelines.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders).
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.