Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200718
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of a Company that is passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
As Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the design and construction of facilities. This will include both minor and major tenant improvement projects, occupancy planning and relocation coordination with the Facilities Team. If you are a hands-on leader, this is a great opportunity to bring your experience to Intuitive Surgical workplace, shaping our future.
- Program Management. Provide program management by establishing business objectives for the design, construction, and relocation of operations, as documented in a detailed project charter. This includes establishing the project planning process, leading the RFP process for architectural and engineering services, and other facilities-related services, and establishing schedule and budget. Manage master project controls including budget, schedule, project performance requirements and all project communications. Establish risk assessment and risk mitigation process. Manage and track the milestone completions of each respective phase.
- Design Management. Lead and manage the design process. Oversee consultants, evaluate design to program, review MEP design solutions, and manage all documentation. Outline, direct, and oversee the decision making process. Deliver reduced occupancy costs, increased efficiency, and maximize value. Manage and coordinate project consultants and all service providers through final design, including value engineering of design and specifications. Report and manage budget status via project cost reviews at various design milestones.
- Construction Administration. Establish project constraints or assumptions. Determine critical dependencies. Establish guidelines for deliverables, change and control procedures. Coordinate construction process with contractors and trades. Lead construction meetings, provide project progress reports, and assist in permit coordination and municipal approvals with the appropriate Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Assist in resolving field issues in the most economical and expeditious manner possible. Recommend and oversee corrective and recovery measures. Provide payment application review. Confirm and capture potential savings within each vendor contract via final waiver and invoice transmission. Manage funds expended and monitor cost control and cash flow relative to master project budget.
- Post Construction. Upon receipt of certificate of substantial completion / occupancy, monitor correction of defects or outstanding work. Manage lien waiver process and closeouts. Secure as-built drawings, records of all statutory consents, warranties, service manuals and other information relevant to projects and future maintenance.
- Relocation Management. Prepare scope, distribute communications to user groups, communicate manage vendor selection, prepare budgets and schedule, prepare and manage relocation.
- Strategic thinking, analytical comparisons and effective execution. From strategic planning, site selection, design, construction, and initial occupancy
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, or architecture from an accredited institution. LEED certification AB+C
- Minimum 10+ years of direct, progressive professional experience in the management of the construction and renovation of commercial buildings (general administration, R&D, manufacturing)
- Knowledge of application of local, state, federal regulations: building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, OSHA, LEED, Cal-Green, ADA
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD, Revit
- Strong skills: MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Significant experience managing Budgets for Project and Program portfolios.
- Highly proficient in reading construction documents – all disciplines – architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, life safety, civil and site
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with strong ability to lead internal and external resources, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, from individual contributor to executive leadership.
- Highly effective communication skills – writing and speaking skills through written proposals, meeting facilitation, oral presentations.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment, taking a leadership role and dealing with ambiguity effectively.