Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200700
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Commercial Learning Senior Trainer will create and deliver content and lead programs and workshops in an effort to improve the knowledge and skills of our commercial employees. The Commercial Learning Senior Trainer works closely with colleagues in many departments including Field Sales, Clinical/Product Education, and Marketing to create and execute training program initiatives to address the needs of the Intuitive Commercial Employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Become a Subject Matter Expert of da Vinci® Surgical System pre, intra and postoperative management• Maintain “trainer” level certification of da Vinci® Surgical Systems, da Vinci® Instruments and Accessories, and da Vinci® Advanced Technology• Educate Intuitive Commercial employees to train and support their da Vinci® customers on:
o da Vinci® Instruments and Accessorieso da Vinci® Advanced Technologyo da Vinci® Si, da Vinci® Xi, da Vinci® X, and da Vinci® SP Surgical Systems
• Educate Intuitive Commercial employees on the da Vinci® technical value propositions• Assess training participants technical competency
• Become a Subject Matter Expert across key specialties: general surgery, colorectal surgery, gynecologic surgery, thoracic surgery, and urology• Maintain “trainer” level certification of da Vinci surgical procedure lectures• Educate Intuitive Commercial employees on relevant clinical procedures as part of sales training programs and initiatives• Educate Intuitive Commercial employees on the da Vinci® clinical value propositions• Assess training participants clinical competency
• Become a Subject Matter Expert on Intuitive Clinical Sales Process and Sales Execution• Educate Intuitive Commercial employees on technical and clinical selling skills as part of sales training programs and initiatives• Assess training participants sales competency• Conduct routine field rides with field sales to diagnose common training needs• Collaborate with cross-functional groups to create best in class sales training initiatives aligned with regional strategy
• Facilitate hands on learning experiences to accelerate the commercial organizations proficiency on da Vinci technology• Manage all segments of new hire training programs: Clinical and System Training (CAST)• Create curricula, agendas and training materials for all technical, clinical and sales training programs for existing commercial employees• Proctor training evaluations• Collaborate with Learning & Technology Specialist to execute e-learning initiatives• Identify resource needs with Systems and Logistics Coordinator
Qualifications• Build training program agenda(s) with support with mentor or manager• Follow relevant Standard Operating Procedures and training processes• Other related duties as necessary
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required• Master’s Degree or equivalent training experience a plus• 3+ years of Sales and/or Sales Management experience required, preferably in medical device field• 1+ years of Training experience preferred• Core key competencies: Take Initiative, Effective Communicator, Confident Presenter, Flexibility, Team Player, Innovative, Acts as a Coach/Mentor, Strong Product/Service Knowledge, and Establishes Presence• Ambition and strong work ethic• Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment• Demonstrated ability to organize and work under strict time deadlines, while producing quality deliverables• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team• Strong organizational and prioritization skills• Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills• Proficiency in MS office• Ability to travel for up to 30%
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.