Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200696
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position
Develop, lead and implement corporate marketing strategies and programs to drive global procedure adoption for prioritized procedures.
The global clinical marketing manager position has the opportunity to make a direct impact to Intuitive marketing initiatives that deliver da Vinci Surgery to patients worldwide. With the direction and leadership of Global Marketing leaders, you will develop, drive, and support clinical programs globally. You will have a cross-functional role within the organization helping support commercial marketing and strategic activities to enable optimal approaches to robotic surgery for Intuitive surgeons and their care teams.
This position will be responsible for development and coordination of various strategic and tactical clinical marketing initiatives. The individual will develop and scale best-in-class marketing assets, programs and standards to promote the value of Intuitive to physicians across core procedure verticals and portfolio of products. The individual will be expected to establish strong relationships with external surgeons and their care teams, as well as with internal Intuitive stakeholders including other marketing departments, sales, training, clinical affairs, legal,regulatory, and global access, value & economics. The individual will be expected to operate in a fast-paced environment as a clinical expert leading programs, tool creation and clinical marketing strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications• Develop best-in-class clinical marketing assets, programs, sales tools and standards for global commercial enablement and to drive procedure adoption of Intuitive products and services.• Build clinical marketing scale by implementing global marketing best practices around surgeon KOL development and networking, peer-to-peer programs and surgical society relationships.• Be an internal global clinical expert in assigned specialty areas to support clinical and marketing strategic priorities, programs and projects.• Implement corporate messaging frameworks that can be localized for commercial marketing programs.• Build strong relationships with regional commercial teams to ensure successful localization and ampliflication of clinical marketing content and capture voice of customer.• Interface with product management teams to develop clinical messaging and positioning and enable regional marketing teams to pull through in marketing assets and programs.• Work closely with clinical affairs, regulatory, legal and corporate hospital and patient marketing to develop processes and integrate clinical evidence that support marketing claims development.• Collaborate with clinical affairs and regional marketing to monitor and develop communication tools to provide the appropriate messages for clinical trial and publication evidence that have a global impact.• Utilize data and analytics for market segmentation, persona development, journey mapping and marketing execution.• Develop and implement marketing and sales enablement tools, assets and videos which can be localized by commercial teams based on their needs and priorities.• Establish surgeon, care team, surgical center and ongoing relationships with the goal of making ISI the preferred industry partner for intelligent surgical care delivery.• Collaborate with surgeons and marketing partners on a global scale to develop best-in-class clinical assets which capture regional techniques, anatomy and technology.
• 7 plus years of clinical/medical, product, surgical devices, marketing and/or sales experience in a medical device company preferred.
• Prior experience in medical robotics, surgical devices and operating room is heavily preferred.
• Proven ability to effectively position and message products/procedures and implement marketing programs to drive product/procedure adoption.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
• Results-driven attitude & a resolve to win; must be self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Entrepreneurial, collaborative, strategic thinker with excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize and plan.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on leadership, relationship development and influence management.
• Proven ability to solve open-ended problems and work cross-functionally to implement initiatives.
• Superior verbal/written communication and presentation skills, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
• Must be well versed in MS Office Suite.
• Bachelor’s degree in life science or business discipline. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
• Up to 30% travel. International travel may be required.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.