Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 200694
Primary Function of Position:
· Manages supply chain of high value, complex direct materials to support business requirements: may include purchase order management, sourcing, contract negotiations, spend analysis, inventory management, and supplier performance management.
· Mentors other buyers within the purchasing team and may lead cross-functional commodity team and/or have supervisory responsibilities.
· Identifies and drives key procurement initiatives.
· Manage strategic procurement activities related to mechanical parts and service vendors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Provides leadership within assigned commodity team:
o Prioritizing commodity team projects.
o Ensuring commodity team achieves goals.
o Identifying and completing risk mitigation and cost reduction projects.
o Managing capacity growth
o Leveraging knowledge of commodity trends to drive strategies.
· Contract Management
o Establish contractual agreements for new partners and revise existing agreements to align with changes to Intuitive’s contract strategy
o Establish long term volume pricing, risk mitigation, and capacity agreements with key suppliers to support Intuitive’s volume growth
· Review, administer, and manage long-term purchase order and delivery commitments to designated suppliers as necessary to support production and/or sales requirements within the business.
· Reviews, interprets, and communicates material demand forecast and manages capacity planning for assigned commodity groups and/or supplier relationships.
· Leads alignment of production supplier requirements and sourcing strategies with those of new product development (NPI) for designated suppliers/commodities to ensure uninterrupted material availability, alignment of risk, and cost goals with long term vision for the commodity / business.
· Owns performance management and improvement efforts for designated suppliers, including leading supplier business reviews.
· Utilizes lean sourcing principles (kanban, consignment, and other similar material pull methods) to support manufacturing plants with achieving 100% material availability and optimizing on-hand inventory.
· Embraces continuous improvement techniques to drive toward attainment of key purchasing metrics (supplier on-time delivery, quality, risk management, inventory velocity, and cost reduction).
· Support Intuitive’s Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) program. Leads complex cross-functional projects to mitigate risk, improve quality, and/or reduce cost within assigned supply base, including management of change cut-ins.
· Leverages problem solving skills and develops counter-measures to implement long-term solutions to identified problems.
· Mentors colleagues within the supply chain organization. Identifies process and training improvement opportunities and drives closure of identified gaps.
· Co-lead direct procurement supplier selection process with collaboration from Supplier Engineering. Leverages best practice supplier selection techniques to identify a core supply base able to offer lowest total cost of ownership and high quality product.
· Cost and contracting
o Leads construction of sustainable year over year annual cost reduction plan to achieve corporate initiative plan for designed suppliers/parts and/or commodity team.
o Leads creation, negotiation, and management of commercial agreements – covering cost, quality, and delivery terms.
o Establishes database of current and future volume price quotes to support spend analytics and establish pricing controls for plant buyers
o Monitors actual PO pricing compliance to volume pricing agreement
BS degree or equivalent and a minimum of 8+ years of purchasing experience in a regulated industry manufacturing environment (medical device preferred). Master’s degree preferred.
Certifications: CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP preferred.
Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong Excel skills.
Proven track record of effective project management in a fast-paced manufacturing company (medical device preferred).
Thorough knowledge of and experience working with kanban systems and other lean principles.
Working knowledge of buying, material planning, master scheduling, and forecasting.
Experience managing Machining commodity spend/suppliers or has worked as machinist preferred.
Experience with strategic sourcing methodology with a global perspective in regions such as APAC, Mexico, and other low-cost regions.
Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
Proven ability to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
Experience with people management and/or extensive cross-functional team leadership. Proven track record of promoting positive team culture and employee development.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
Strong negotiation skills and experience with proven track record of savings
~25% travel to both domestic and international suppliers.