Primary Location: France-France-Île-de-France-Paris
Requisition ID: 200662
Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Specialty Sales Manager plays a critical role in driving identification and adoption of new procedures for the da Vinci surgical system. Partnering with sales leadership and staff in Clinical Sales and Capital Sales, including marketing. The Specialty Sales Manager will identify and develop Key Opinion Leaders to pioneer and expand use of the da Vinci system in surgical specialties in early stages of growth.
They will also partner with local sales representatives to coach, counsel and train them on selling to specialists in their assigned hospital accounts. This is a unique and strategic role for a senior level sales professional across France who is focused on identifying and expanding the adoption of targeted procedures that will drive the future growth of Intuitive.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position has the responsibility and authority to:
Expand da Vinci Specialty Procedures Utilization
- Develop Key Opinion Leader (KOL) for agreed surgical specialty, this will be Colorectal and Thoracics in year 1.
- Develop existing customers to potentially become case observation sites & Epicenters.
- Through collaboration with sales leadership and marketing, conduct strategic market development activities
- Implement Consolidation Pathway Methodology
- For KOLs, execute all sales activities in support of developing their proficiency as a da Vinci surgeon. These activities include:
- Select appropriate case observation site
- Conduct on-site and wet lab trainin
- Bringing value in first series of cases
- Bring intra-operative & post-operative clinical value in initial surgeon case series
- Develop and lead advanced regional training programs
- Implement new technology
- Serve as the market intelligence liaison for marketing and training teams
- Conduct hospital and practice executive presentationDs
- Develop future training pipeline by developing existing surgeons into new indications or converting strategic new target to the da Vinci technology
Elevate Area Specialty Sales Competency
- Provide feedback to enhance representatives’ ability to sell to specific specialties
- Identify area needs, coordinate and run competency programs with support from the regional CSM and Sales Director
Manage Key Initiatives
- Leverage Specialty Sales resources to help scale launch of new procedures and/or products
- Align with Sales leadership and marketing to manage surgeon training resources related to
- Training effectiveness
- Procedural volume outcomes
- Analyze and affect targeted specialty procedure trends; exploit anomalies and manage appropriately
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of medical device sales required
- Track record of individual sales excellence
- Excellent clinical selling skills and ability to quickly build credibility with a highly educated customer base
- Strong clinical knowledge in across multiple surgical specialties, including Colorectal, General Surgery and Thoracics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and work in an environment of change
- Proven ability to influence peers
- Effective communication skills across a broad organization with a variety of focuses
- Overnight travel required: 2-3 days / week (50%)