Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Requisition ID: 200638
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Bariatric Specialty Sales Manager plays a critical role in driving identification and adoption of new procedures for the da Vinci surgical system. Partnering with sales leadership and staff in Clinical Sales, Capital Sales and Key Accounts, the Manager will identify and develop Key Opinion Leaders to pioneer and expand use of the da Vinci system in surgical specialties in early stages of growth. They will also partner with local sales representatives to coach, counsel and train them on selling to specialists in their assigned hospital accounts. This role is part of a small team of strategic, senior level sales professionals across the country who are focused on identifying and expanding the adoption of new procedures that will drive the future growth of Intuitive Surgical.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Build sustainable C/R and Thoracic surgeons in designated programs• Build C/R and Thoracic References with Clinical & Econ Impact• Build New Tech Reference centers: Stapling, VS & T-Motion• Sell Xi value proposition to increase access• Lead fellowship training initiatives• Develop independent surgeons, teams and CSRs for C/R and Thoracic• With CSD/CSM Team: (15% of the time)• Guide C/R and Thoracic MSA strategy and tactics• Lead team clinical and new technology competence• Expand da Vinci Specialty Procedure and New Technology Utilization• Achieves Quarterly and Annual Quota Aligned to Compensation Plans and the LRM• Develop Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) in Bariatric Surgery.• Establish regional Case Observation sites & Epicenters.• Through collaboration with sales leadership, conduct strategic market development activities e.g. MSA RIPs and “blitz” activities• For KOLs, execute all sales activities in support of developing their proficiency as a da Vinci surgeon. These activities include:
o Select appropriate case observation siteo Conduct on-site and wet lab trainingo Bringing value in first series of caseso Bring intra-operative & post-operative clinical value in initial surgeon case serieso Development and leadership of advanced regional training programs
• Serve as the market intelligence liaison for marketing and training teams• Conduct hospital and surgical practice executive presentations• Elevate Area Specialty Sales Competency• Provide feedback to enhance representatives’ ability to sell in Bariatric Surgery• Operate as the “Advanced Technology/Stapling” expert for CSD area• Identify area needs, coordinate and run competency programs with support from VP and CSD• Manage Key Initiatives• Leverage Specialty Sales resources to help scale launch of new procedures and/or products
o I.E., Manage the Pull Through of the CVP Area Bariatric VIP Events
• Align with Sales leadership and marketing to manage surgeon training resources related to
o Utilizationo Training effectivenesso Procedural volume outcomes
• Analyze bariatric procedure and new tech trends; identify anomalies and manage appropriately
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Candidate would have demonstrated experience in leading through/by example and Master Cross-Functional Leadership• Deep knowledge of titanium and bariatric space• Proven Ability to Develop KOLs w QTI Data and Centers of Excellence• Proven Ability to Use Data and Analytics/Business Acumen in Order to Develop GAP Analysis and Target Lists• Experience with Ecosystem Messaging and Capital 5-Pillar Process• Candidate for role would be someone with expertise and experience in: Developing KOLs in CR, GS, or TH• Demonstrated Ability to Contract w Surgeons and Develop to the Super User level w/QTI data• Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and work in an environment of change• Proven ability to influence peers• Effective communication skills across a broad organization with a variety of focuses• Excellent clinical selling skills and ability to quickly build credibility with a highly educated customer base• Track record of individual sales excellence• Management experience or management career track required• 1+ years of management experience required• Thoracic or colorectal sales background preferred• 5+ years of medical device sales required• Bachelor’s degree required• Overnight travel required: 2-3 days / week (40% - 60%)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.