Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200626
The Sr. Product Manager, da Vinci Stapling, is responsible for the upstream product management and strategy of future da Vinci Stapling products. This cross-functional position will work closely with internal and global teams to execute the existing roadmap, identify and validate unmet customer needs, develop design solutions, navigate the design control and commercialization processes, and influence the long-term product roadmap. Key partners for this role will include New Product Development, Project Management Office (PMO), regulatory, manufacturing, and global marketing.
- Be the Voice of the Customer to development teams through procedural knowledge, being a stapler subject matter expert, and deeply understanding the jobs the customer needs to perform.
- Lead projects through the Product Development Process including discovering and validating needs, writing market and product requirements, navigating design solutions, and facilitating tradeoff discussions with design teams while balancing the needs of the customer and the business.
- Plan and execute qualitative and quantitative market research and complete case observations / prototype evaluations. Distill data, effectively communicate findings and integrate into the franchise roadmap or product development efforts.
- Integrate business insights into broad marketing strategies and plans.
- Work collaboratively with product development teams (Engineering, Interaction Design, Human Factors, etc.), PMO, regulatory, manufacturing and product marketing teams on implementing the franchise roadmap.
- Clearly define and maintain marketing and product requirements, draft instructions for use, and establish marketing claims (e.g. pre-clinical, economic) strategies for new products.
- Collaboratively develop global product commercialization plans for new products with downstream and regional marketing teams.
- Construct a product brand or category framework in order to competitively position, message product value, and drive market adoption.
- Develop and maintain procedural knowledge and KOL relationships by attending cases, providing product demonstrations to hospital executives or surgeons, and collaborating with clinical marketing.
- Define and present a variety of topics, including but not limited to, new product market segmentation, development / launch updates, and business reviews, to sales and corporate leadership via presentations and review boards.
- Attend key tradeshows, conferences, and symposia to conduct market research, build knowledge, and assist with product demonstrations and new product unveiling opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of market or competitive developments and impact to franchise roadmap and strategy. If necessary, develop third party industry relationships to augment franchise roadmap needs.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred. Technical background (e.g. engineering, design, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Product Manager required with a history of defining and developing successful products in a medical device company.
- Minimum 1 year of surgical stapling experience strongly preferred.
- Surgical and/or Operating Room experience required.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and influence without authority.
- Proven ability to lead a strategic initiative from concept to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively, prioritize, and smoothly manage goals and initiatives amidst competing priorities.
- Self-starter who demonstrates ownership and leadership in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication, teamwork, and emotional intelligence skillsets.
- Agility to pivot to meet evolving business demands.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, globally, depending upon current business needs.
- This position is based out of Sunnyvale, California.