Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200610
This role will support our VP of Product Design as the Head of Design Operations building a cohesive, organized, and scalable design operations and portfolio management discipline. The role will assess current state of operational maturity, determine a target future state of operational effectiveness, and develop a change management plan that evolves our design organization from today to that target future state.
This role also performs as the critical integration point across design teams to drive open flow of communication and knowledge sharing, scalable processes and workflow structures, facilitated by common tool sets/platforms. This role will also develop a plan, cost, and resource need for the training and support structure to ensure fluid process and workflow adoption via the consistent use of the tool sets/platforms.
KPI’s will be derived from measuring baseline performance of accuracy of level of effort predictions, ability for resources to deliver on-time at the agreed upon quality level, and level balancing of resource use across projects. Ongoing KPI will be against the continual improvement year-over-year of the baseline performance.
Transparent data gathered from the resource use will then drive project forecasts and funding/budget asks for subsequent budgetary planning cycles.
The primary charter of the Senior Manager of Design Operations will be to drive an efficient, delivery-focused, healthy organizational culture in line with Intuitive’s Character, Capacity, Energy, and Efficiency performance standard in a way that supports the long-run operational health of each team member.
- Builds strong relationships with cross-functional business partners
- Develops design operations improvement initiatives based on data-backed assessment of current state
- Manages external partnership with the design organization to ensure that operational processes meet business partner needs, while being able to be consistent to the working model of the design organization
- Drives ongoing organizational change and improvement to ensure that business partners are educated on the value of the design organization, as well as why the design processes can lead to their project successes
- Participates in internal design organization roadshows to educate internal business partners
- Drives collection of actual resource utilization and leads ongoing resource need adjustments driven by gaps between actual and forecasted resource utilization
- Maintains the design operations KPI dashboard
- Designs the future target design operations state and socializes it with design leadership to get buy-in
- Participates as a core partner in annual budget planning to ensure resources required for the success of the design operations change program is resourced for success
- Develops design operations KPI dashboard and evolves the dashboard year-over-year as operational maturity evolves
- Reports on achievements and resetting of design operations goals on a regular basis to the design leadership team
- Identify and rationalize the build-out of design operations team resources that are required for design organization success
DESIGN LEADERSHIP MEMBER
- Drives governance process for the design leadership team to ensure all members of design leadership maintain buy-in and execution of design operation changes within their respective functional organizations
- Key operational communications facilitator to make sure the design leadership team is maintaining operational effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading design, consultancy, or service operations
- 5+ years of experience championing the maturity evolution of an organization through organized change management
- Self-driven, achievement-orientation, and ability to thrive in bringing clarity to ambiguity
- Capable of achieving results in a matrixed organization
- Ability to identify sources of data and processing needs to achieve KPI dashboards for design, consultancy, or service organizations
- Demonstrated consistent and transparent project management of large and complex projects
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal skills
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.