Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200596
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Patients First. Always. We build the world’s best surgical robotic systems.
Our surgical robots are deployed worldwide and help nearly a million people per year be cured of cancer and other ailments. Those people get back to their families and lives faster with less pain.
● Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to have a direct impact on helping people live better lives?
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is passionate and motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable data platform for product analytics. You will have ownership of core engineering data pipelines that power metrics for engineering, manufacturing, post-market, marketing, and business teams with the purpose of driving data discoverability, accessibility, and analysis. You will be a catalyst of change and will be responsible for helping to re-invent the way the Engineering uses data. To be successful in the long run you will need to build sophisticated systems and retool antiquated processes to enable the broader engineering teams to move quickly with confidence.
Qualifications● Build highly scalable data pipelines to handle ingestion and processing of robot, manufacturing, & engineering data● Enable internal users by giving them APIs, services, and applications to allow them to access and interact with their data● Work closely with core engineering teams to consistently evolve data models & data schemas based on growing business and engineering needs● Be a leader in the data space and help people understand what they could be getting from their data that they currently are not
Skills, Characteristics, and Technology:
● Strong quantitative background (Computer Science, Math, Physics, and/or Engineering), or at least 5 years of industry experience in a quantitative role
● Experience programming with any of the following: Python, Java, Scala, Go, C++
● Experience establishing pipelines using distributed processing and SQL/no-SQL technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Presto, MongoDB
● Effectively participate in the team’s planning, code reviews, KPI reviews, and design discussions leading to continuous improvement in these areas.
● You are passionate about working across the entire technology stack, from hardware, to embedded SW, to local software, to cloud-based services to optimize capability and drive reliability.
● Experience on a Data Platform team● Experience with the following: Apache Airflow, Elasticsearch, Presto, Snowflake, Kubernetes, Apache Pulsar, Terraform● Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure● Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
About the Advanced Analytics Team:
We are small group looking for strong technical leads that want an opportunity to move fast and help develop data platforms and analytics that will enable broader engineering teams to create better products for our patients. This is a new group at the company and our mandate is to promote significant change that will improve the productivity of our engineering teams in analyzing and understanding our products. We have the potential to overlap with many teams and as such emphasize tearing down organizational silos and a strong culture of collaboration. Nothing is taboo. If you see a high-leverage solution to a long-standing problem, tear it all down and build the right solution provided you have the will and a good plan to execute!
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.