Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200592
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
A Systems Analyst is responsible for the detailed design and implementation of robotic control algorithms and safety systems for new surgical robots and surgical instruments. This responsibility includes integration and evaluation of fully functional prototypes including formal product testing. This position provides analytic assistance to other engineering groups to help in the design of mechanisms, software architecture, and key component selection (processors, sensors, motors, etc.). Systems Analysts also maintain awareness and interest in developing research and technologies related to robotics and safety critical systems and actively apply this knowledge to the system design. Responsibilities for development continue until the products are shipping to customers with the highest quality and reliability.
Intuitive Surgical (ISI) has established the preeminent position in surgical robotics with presence in more than 60 countries around the world. China represents a key market to Intuitive that has unprecedented growth opportunities driven largely by unmet patient and disease needs. We are seeking a System Analyst to focus on the development and launch of new surgical robots and surgical instruments in China and other international geographies. The System Analyst will play a major role in creating and maintaining a variety of key documents needed for various international regulatory submissions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Be an expert in control and safety algorithms.
• Provide critical analysis of robot servo control.
• Becoming intimately familiar with all technical and documentation aspects for an robotic platform product line
• Facilitate mechanical, hardware, and software integration of new prototypes and new products including complete systems, manipulators, and vision.
• Partner with project management, product development and regulatory teams to achieve product certification and regulatory approvals per project timelines.
• Perform safety analysis and testing of physical hardware.
• Support and track system performance as it moves from design to manufacturing.
• Give analytical assistance for other engineering issues.
• Improve group work-flow through tool building and teaching others.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Master in EE, ME, or similar with 4 – 6 years of industrial experience or Doctorate with equivalent experience
• Understand and have experience implementing standard and modern servo control systems and finite state automata;
• Be creative and able to generate a diversity of solutions to a problem.
• Be detail oriented and able to develop and push a single solution to completion.
• Experience in embedded C programming capabilities as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills.
• Excel in a high-energy team.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Fluent in Mandarin (read/write) a plus.
• Work independently while simultaneously balancing collaboration on project planning and communication.
• Show passion for product quality and continuous improvements.
• Broad and deep understanding of Requirement Management and Medical Devices Design Controls regulations (FDA CFR/QSIT, MDR, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, NMPA/CFDA)
• Experience with submitting medical devices to Chinese regulatory body (NMPA) a strong plus
• Possess a determination to get through challenging problems.
• Ability to travel internationally 10% of the time
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.