Primary Location: Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Emmendingen
Requisition ID: 200586
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Instruments, Endoscopes and Accessories is an exciting volume growth business environment requiring a talented purchasing leader to optimize and scale a global supply chain.
Manage strategic procurement activities related to Optic and Microelectronics. Includes commodity strategy, strategic sourcing, contract management, overall commodity capacity management, supplier risk management, cost management and supplier performance management. Desired to have the background necessary to evaluate make/buy modeling for this commodity groups. Skills would include modeling for total cost of ownership; this would include optical production for parts like prisms, micro lenses or plan glasses, coating processes, logistics, and handling of this part with a focus on continuity and cost optimization.
Develop and execute a global strategy for assigned commodity and associated supply chain program by leveraging innovative sourcing strategies, maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, collaborating with supply chain stakeholders, and adhering to quality control standards while balancing cost performance goals.
Develop leadership personnel within the department in order to enable future departmental and company growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Commodity Strategy Development and Management
o Drive development of global commodity strategy for assigned commodity group to meet company and internal stakeholder needs
o Develop roadmap to consolidate spend to preferred suppliers
o Lead utilization of market intelligence data to anticipate changes, safeguard supply, leverage purchasing power, and optimize performance
o Develop local and regional supply chains as needed to support plant operations with connection to global strategies
o Contribute to innovation through collaboration with suppliers and new product introduction organization to understand future development needs, developing menu of suppliers to meet future design needs, supporting sourcing decisions, and ensuring manufacturing transfer requirements are met
o Manage development and execution of assigned commodity projects through strategic sourcing processes
o Leverage technology to create and present analytics that increase the company’s ability to effectively monitor and measure supply chain performance
o Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver key projects on time
· Supplier Management
o Lead development of supplier strategies to support commodity strategy
o Establish and ensure suppliers meet key performance objectives, including owning supplier scorecarding for assigned commodity
o Complete strategic supplier business reviews
o Drive continuous improvement with suppliers
o Develop mitigation programs for identified supplier or commodity risks
o Drive long-term capacity assessments and forecast analysis to ensure needed capacity from assigned commodity
o May serve as project manager for key supplier initiatives
· Contract and Cost Management
o Negotiate and manage long-term pricing agreements, quality agreements, master supplier agreements, and other contracts as required, leveraging company-wide objectives and driving key negotiation points to a successful resolution
o Create and lead delivery of annual cost reduction plan to achieve corporate objectives
· Operational Management
o May lead change management/change order implementation for complex projects
o May create, train, and support staff on standard work, in order to maintain consistency in quality and quantity of work output
o May support internal and external compliance audits
o Improve system reports, create new reports/tools/automation improvements
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
· Optics and Microelectronics background and experience in this commodity group
· 10+ years of direct materials supply chain management experience in regulated, high and low volume-manufacturing environments (medical device preferred; experience with sterilization and packaging preferred).
· Certifications: CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP preferred.
· Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
· Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and communicate commodity and supplier strategies that support business needs for both short- and long-term horizons.
· Demonstrated ability/experience in scaling supply chain capacity over a sustained growth period
· Proven track record of being an effective project manager in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing company.
· Detailed working knowledge of buying, material planning, master scheduling, forecasting, and lean principles.
· Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
· Proven ability to lead and develop a team
· Proven ability to collaborate with multiple functions to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
· Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
· Effectively manages task breakdown, helps keep individual contributors on task, player-coach; ability to step in and perform hard tasks.
· Strong negotiation skills and experience with proven track record of savings.
· Ability to balance and perform successfully within Corporate business structure that defines strategy, policies, and processes, which are then executed at a plant or site level across varying geographies.
· ~20% travel to both domestic and international suppliers