Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200571
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The successful candidate will design, implement, debug and verify embedded software and user interfaces for a novel surgical robot system and related accessories. The engineer should be comfortable developing software in C/C++ on a variety of embedded platforms, both with and without operating systems.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy team environment, be able to drive to solutions from rough requirements, and have a commitment to high product quality. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun and interesting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working on a cross-functional team at multiple levels, from architectural definition to driver-level implementation.
• Collaborate with user interaction designers and clinical engineers to define and implement the user interfaces of the robotic system
• Develop embedded software primarily in C/C++ and occasionally in assembly language
• Perform formal risk analysis and develop and verify software mitigations
• Document software requirements, specifications and verification protocols according to Intuitive’s development guidelines
• At least 3 years experience with commercial embedded software development
• Hands-on engineering experience with proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Demonstrated experience in and comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation, and transfer to Manufacturing
• Experience with Object Oriented development in C++
• Experience with embedded Linux development is desired
• Experience with QNX is a plus
• Experience with Qt/QML is a plus
• Experience with Python is a plus
• Experience with designing software products in an FDA or other regulated industry is a plus
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• A passion for creating robust and reliable products with a demonstrated history of products reaching the marketplace
• Bachelors in Software, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering; Masters preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.