Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Durham-US-NC-Durham
Requisition ID: 200553
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority. At Intuitive, we are passionate about keeping our employees safe and healthy and ensuring that our operations are environmentally responsible in the communities, we do business.
This role will be a strategic leader for Intuitive Surgical’s EH&S team and our Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) partner located in Durham, NC. The position reports to the Facilities Environmental Health and Safety Manager. As the EHS Engineer 3, you will be responsible for working with the core EH&S team and senior leadership to develop and implement an EH&S management system by creating, implementing, sustaining, and improving environmental health and safety policies and procedures. This role is responsible for Intuitive locations in North Carolina, Virginia, Atlanta, Connecticut, Massachuttes, and Mississippi.
• Manage exempt/professional employees responsible for developing and/or administering ongoing work processes• Be accountable for the development, planning, and implementation of environmental health and safety policies and procedures• Manage and partner with facility management in conducting job hazard analysis and equipment risk assessments• Manage the incident investigation program and provide direction and support to site management• Assist in monitoring contractors and construction activities to ensure safe work practices are followed• Coordinate site emergency response activities and training• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations pertaining to environmental health and safety• Handle all contact with appropriate agencies• Develop and oversee EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) training programs• Promote employee awareness on matters of health and safety• Interface with equipment engineering on new equipment design reviews and risk assessments for conformance or compliance modifications• Ensure appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist• Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements• Effectively coordinate activities and programs with multiple departments and teams to achieve specific plans and goals
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of a company that is passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
• Bachelor of Science degree is required. Specialization in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or Environmental Sciences
• Professional Certifications (CSP, ASP, CHMM, CIH) are highly desirable
• Requires 3-5 years of professional experience within the EHS profession
• Demonstrated experience in the application of EHS management systems
• Broad knowledge of Environmental, Occupational Health, regulations (OSHA/EPA/NFPA).
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to find solutions
• Demonstrated leadership, influencing, and collaboration skills
• Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to leverage office systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, etc
• The ability to travel (approximately 45%)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.