Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200522
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority. Intuitive Surgical’s da Vinci ecosystem connects the power of computers, ingenuity of talented engineers and skills of surgeons for delicate surgical tasks. We are taking surgery beyond the limits of human hand and we want you to join our team! Surgeons worldwide are changing the way surgery is performed by utilizing our da Vinci® Surgical System, to enhance their surgical precision and greatly improve patient benefits. We have attracted some of the best and brightest to our teams over the years, and we are now seeking a talented Informatics Analyst to join our Hospital Marketing & Analytics team.
Primary Function of Position:
We are looking for a motivated, insight driven Informatics Analyst who will play a key role in delivering and collaborating on all aspects of data analysis, reporting, and tool creation in support of evaluation and promotion of measurable value for da Vinci Surgery amongst surgeons, hospitals and health systems. This individual will also provide support to the team by documenting and updating specs, validations, workflows and business processes. Experience with healthcare clinical and economic data is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct data analysis of simple to moderate complexity, and develop dashboards reports and visual presentations using primarily Excel and Tableau for internal and external audiences
• Provide analytical support in performing clinical and economic analyses of customer-provided data to articulate the value of da Vinci Surgery and specific advanced technologies
• Create and track monthly report on our analytical tools utilized by sales and marketing teams to drive adoption and meaningful use; identify usage trends, anomalies and gaps, uncover early indicators, and proactively flag potential reference stories or best practices to share among broader marketing and sales teams
• Curate a growing library of directional and advanced analyses generated by using our team’s analytical tools
• Develop, implement and document quality assurance processes, including thorough data validation and reconciliation, to ensure accuracy and reliability of data reported
• Prepare and maintain proper documentation of data definitions, processes and methodologies necessary for data governance, with alignment from key internal stakeholders including clinical, regulatory, and legal teams
• Gather voice of customer from the commercial team and customers on data tool/product enhancements
• Clearly and succinctly explain methodology and analytic approach to both analytic and non-analytic teams without overwhelming the audience
• Participate in development and maintenance of analytical tools and materials designed to enable the commercial team to effectively communicate the value of da Vinci Surgery and products to our current and potential customers
• Collaborate with BI and other cross-functional teams during development and maintenance of analytical tools
• Participate in data discovery and evaluation of existing and new data sources
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have the following:
• 3+ years of experience in business/database analytics in healthcare industry required
• Self-starter attitude who takes ownership of projects and able to work independently
• High quantitative reasoning/application skills and ability to critically think through complexity as it arises
• Analytic thinker who are curious but approaches problems logically without getting lost in the detail, or suffering from “analysis paralysis”
• Attention to detail when it comes to QC and validation, with a passion for accuracy
• Excellent problem solving, organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple projects concurrently in a time sensitive environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills to simplify the complex
• Proficiency with Tableau, Excel and PowerPoint required
• An understanding of CPT, APC, ICD10, and DRG codes is a plus
• Working knowledge of SQL, Python and/or R is a plus
• Up to 10% travel required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.