Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200521
Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The IT Senior Linux Systems Engineer position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT support generalist with an enterprise Linux support background. As a member of the team that supports engineering, manufacturing, and logistics operations, a broad base of knowledge and skills is required. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with quickly learning new skills. Responsibilities include supporting hardware and software by utilizing best practices as defined and facilitated by the IT Operations, Infrastructure, Security, and Network departments. The scope of support includes computers, network equipment, operating systems, network access, third party software used to support business functions, and various internal corporate supported business applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Respond to requests for IT assistance directly from corporate and field users, or as escalated from Tier I, II, or III support
• Be available to respond to “after hours” escalations
• Document and maintain processes, best practices, knowledge base, and training materials.
• Manage or participate in various assigned projects as needed
• Contribute to the timely completion of company and departmental goals as defined by management
• Communicate with management to provide timely reporting of issues, status, and resolutions
• Modify settings for Cisco networking hardware such as IOS-based Catalyst LAN Switches, Wireless Access Points and management infrastructure
• Assist in developing automation for configuring software development environments on Linux systems
• Continuously improve on system provisioning techniques and existing automation
• Coordinate with Business Application, Network, Security, Infrastructure, Windows, and Facilities teams to facilitate issue resolution and project completion
• Ensure high availability, reliability, and optimal performance of technology systems and services
• Monitor various systems performance and provide capacity analysis/planning
• Support core services such as DHCP, DNS, WINS in an Active Directory environment
• Install software and troubleshoot issues
Skill and Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
• At least 5 years of experience supporting Ubuntu Linux in a Microsoft Windows computing environment
• Experience with Centrify Privileged Access Service a plus
• Experience with unattended install scripts for system provisioning
• Experience with Linux enterprise automation tools (Ansible preferred)
• Experience with monitoring tools such as SNMP, Nagois, & MRTG
• Strong knowledge of both Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems
• Experience supporting Windows Active Directory services
• Experience supporting infrastructure services such as DNS and DHCP
• Knowledge of networking (subnets, routing, VLANS, firewall rules, etc.)
• Experience with Cisco wireless infrastructure, switches, and routers
• Experience working in a software/hardware engineering environment
• The ability to resolve difficult problems using a variety of structured troubleshooting approaches
• Strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Should be flexible and able to complete projects outside normal daily duties as needed
• The ability to lift 25 pound equipment to a height of 3-4 feet and install it into a network rack
• Relevant certifications such as Linux+ COMPTIA, LPI, Security+, A+, and ITIL are desired
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.