Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 200506
Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive is the global leader in robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Since 2000, da Vinci Surgical Systems have been used in more than 7 million minimally invasive procedures performed worldwide. We have built a company based on an unwavering commitment to patients who benefit from our revolutionary diagnostic and surgical technology.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to define the next generation of the web platform we use to tell our stories, engage our customers, and drive sales. Intuitive.com is the public-facing presence of this platform and also includes internal and customer-only experiences that support the business. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders across the company and around the world to understand business goals and define our overall roadmap and strategy. You will write specs, socialize the roadmap, organize teams to deliver on milestones including designers, copywriters, and engineers. Your charter is to define, design, deploy, and refine these genre-defining capabilities and features.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate, customer-focused, and enjoys balancing tactics and strategy. You’ve developed your reputation as a disciplined Product Manager at a high-growth SaaS startup or global enterprise business using the web as a primary channel to enhance its brand and efficiently drive revenue.
Qualifications• Lead cross-functional teams to define the business goals, roadmap, scope, milestones, and desired outcomes.• Collaborate extensively with IT, services, and security organizations to coordinate specific details of tactical work.• Constructively communicate and collaborate across multiple levels and disciplines, from Marketing, PR, BI, data management, engineering, security, legal, and up to C-level executives.• Develop project schedules and budgets, estimate, negotiate and obtain resources to meet requirements, maintain, adjust and update plans and roadmap as needed.• Manage external partners or resources as needed to meet milestones for delivery.• Quickly grasp the essence of new technical concepts and lead the team through assessment and documentation of goals, risks, dependencies, and timelines focusing on these concepts.• Marshal design, content, and engineering resources to execute effectively on objectives, and use resources efficiently.• Assign responsibility for tasks and decisions, coordinating and monitoring progress and costs.• Consolidate, communicate and take lead on all issues and risks affecting milestones and releases.• Communicate program and product status to global stakeholders and partners accurately and on time.• Provide roll-up information to track products in the planning and resource management portfolio.• Lead rollout, post-launch support, and issue triage of new features and services.• Deliver a comprehensive summary of metrics, areas of potential improvement, and apply findings to future efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 10+ years of product management experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in complex, high-growth environments.
• Experience as a key member of a matrixed, multi-functional team, able to work equally well with collaborators in creative and technical roles.
• Ability to discover and eliminate complexity and ambiguity to ensure clarity, set goals, and expectations for services requested.
• Mature project management skills as needed for technical projects: status, project planning, risk, and issues management.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver projects by adapting techniques to best fit circumstances.
• Deep understanding of waterfall and Agile development methodology.
• Ability to analyze and document detailed functional requirements to create technical level-of-effort estimates.
• Able to apply sound judgment while working independently within tight timelines.
• Outstanding attention to design and experience details which exhibit a commitment to excellence.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to forge trusted relationships within a diverse team.
• Fanatical about creating order from disorder.
• Understands the “right” level of process to apply to different projects.
• Deep technical background, significant experience running technical projects, and/or hands-on technical experience.
• Knowledge of databases, ability to write simple SQL queries, debug issues at any level of the application stack, and unilaterally troubleshooting problems is a plus.
• MBA (Business, Computer Science, Engineering Information Systems).• PMP and/or CSM certification.• Direct working knowledge of building component-based sites and services using Sitecore or similar CMS solutions.• Experience planning and managing localization initiatives as part of delivering global products and experiences.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.