Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Durham-US-NC-Durham
Requisition ID: 200497
A Remanufacturing Technician is an advanced level operator capable of performing complex individual and team based activities in support of the assembly, test, and troubleshooting of a highly complex electromechanical robot. These adaptable individuals excel in unstructured environments and situations where they apply fundamental skills and decision making practices in innovative ways. They possess a clear understanding of the rules and operating procedures that govern their work and use that knowledge to navigate through uncertainty. They consistently deliver results that conform to quality and process standards and, in more routine/standard settings, they apply sound decision making while actively seeking inventive ways to streamline processes. They recognize the limitations of their own abilities and exercise initiative to supplement their own professional knowledge. They proactively seek clarification to their questions and are resourceful in utilizing business assets to see tasks through to completion.
- To evaluate and execute diagnostic & repair tasks across the entire spectrum of products produced by the business unit. Ability to handle tasks of varying degrees of complexity ranging from simple to multi-phase projects.
- Provide first line assessment and diagnosis of key issues found during the remanufacturing process. Feeds forward information to the appropriate team members to keep them informed and drive continuous improvement.
- Expected to creatively troubleshoot and accurately record critical documentation pivotal to the control of material, quality, and processes.
- Act as a resource to cross functional groups for insight into the manufacturing processes for which they are certified. Capable of writing and speaking effectively in group settings and to a broad range of audiences. This individual is excited about educating others and playing a key role in molding future processes.
- Reinforces all corporate, safety, and production regulations.
- Maintains excellent attendance record and understands their impact to operations. Willingness to adjust work schedule as required in response to changes or delays in production.
- Proactively provides feedback to supervisor and other departments regarding production issues, work status, and suggestions for improvement.
- Train and mentor other Remanufacturing Technicians to areas in which they are certified.
- Comfortable with performing both assembly and product test roles as required by business needs. Able to develop mastery of relevant business systems and simultaneous management of required documentation.
- Other duties to support manufacturing floor objectives or projects that may be assigned by the management team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum High school diploma and AA or equivalent; minimum 4-5 years related experience or training in a professional mechanical or technical role. A proven history and enthusiasm for continuous personal and professional development.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Mathematical Skills: Must possess strong mathematical abilities and high degree of comfort with interpreting charts, plotting data points, and performing moderately complex calculations on a routine basis.
- Computer skills: Strong proficiency in the use of personal computers as part of daily work and an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with ERP and lifecycle management software would be beneficial but otherwise, the proven ability to learn on the job or through personal initiative would suffice
- Other skills and abilities:
- Individuals must be available to work varying shifts, complete all training courses, and lead by example demonstrated through a strong work ethic and work quality.
- Able to read engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and setup/operation the equipment necessary to sustain their work stations.
- The dexterity, visual acuity, and physical strength necessary to lift/manipulate/position tooling and assemblies on a daily basis.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.